O/T: A Milestone

Page 2 of 8
Lew Hodgett wrote:

The real milestone will be when nobody points out that he's mixed race.

Or cares. Or even notices.
Doug Miller wrote:

Including the candidate himself...
dpb wrote:

True!
It might be now that McCain picked Palin
Probably a good choice to pick a H Clinton substitute.
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:05:16 -0500, Leon wrote:

But it's so obviously a ploy to get the disgruntled Hillary backers vote. Just like Obama's choice was a ploy for working class votes.
Politics as usual.

Many years ago it became all about the candidate getting elected, never mind what he promised or suggested what he might do for the nation after he gets in.

Or might do *to* the nation...

Yeah... the Bush legacy could suffer irreparable damage. Imagine the chaos that might ensue if The Department of Homeland Security had to operate under the crushing restrictions of the U.S. Constitution. The horror!
Scott
snipped-for-privacy@all.interested says...

In case you hadn't noticed, Bush isn't running.
--
Keith

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 18:24:51 -0500, krw wrote:

Yes he is - clones count :-).

And the clone would be???
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Larry Blanchard wrote:

This whole thread is getting surreal.
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

Here's to November 5th!
charlieb wrote:

... snip of all the tired lib/dem talking points that have been debunked many times before, and now it looks like some new ones coming up. (e.g. from what party was the governor of LA during Katrina? With which party was the mayor of NO affiliated when he chose *not* to use all those school buses to evacuate?)

You really don't want to go there on this one -- AK is only 100k less in population than the state from which the Democrat's plagiarist VP candidate comes. Yeah, he's had more experience -- and pretty much been wrong on everything he's ever stated as the outcome of actions he opposed.

Gee, a person from a state that actually provides energy -- that would be a real shame, wouldn't it? Having someone who just might have some knowledge about that business would be a real drawback. Unlike, for example, those who now control congress, who in 2006 promised they "had a plan" to lower gas prices" back when gas was $2.35 a gallon. After two years of the opportunity to implement "their plan", what do we have now?

Umm, from what I've heard, she actually pushed to reject it and turned down that bridge to nowhere. That was actually highlighted in her acceptance speech.

McBUSH is.
Dave in Houston
snipped-for-privacy@att.net says...

The only other choice is Barry Obortion; no contest!
--
Keith

Yup.... Just when was it that politics became a career choice, not something you did for maybe 8 years and them went back to your real job?
This will be the first time in 40 years that I'm not voting... I'm tired of voting for the candidate that I fear the least, and not having someone that I WANT to have in the office..
It's also the first year that I've ever kept my big mouth shut about who/why/when etc... Because as I've told my non-voting friends for years, "If you don't vote, you have no right to bitch"..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

That is not true. If you feel that there is nobody qualified for the job, you don't want to be responsible for putting a politician into power who can do harm just so you can have a vote. You are then still able to bitch about the lame duck whom others put into power.
<snip>

I still think that instead of just a "write in" box, which is a throw away vote, IMO, there should be a "none of the above".. If a certain percentage vote NOTA, they have a specified time to find new candidates and try again..