O/T: 79 Pound Carp

Page 2 of 2

Don't you mean scale(s)?
Upscale wrote:

--
Froz...

He's just trying to reel you in.
Robatoy wrote:

I think he got ya, hook line and ... oh hell....you know the rest.
Tanus

I think there's something fishy about what you're implying.

Nahh! I'm just trolling for the truth.

You're not feeding me a line?

Actually, I was hoping to lure you into giving me more information and net myself some facts.

Before I can spawn any more puns, I would have to get pissed to the gills first.
"Morris Dovey" wrote:

OK, been to the Quad Cities several times.
Wonder if the Holiday Inn in Moline still has the stuffed polar bear in the lobby?
He was starting to look a litty ratty in the early 90s.

At one time there was a funded project to find a commercial use for rough fish and that's about all I remember.
Lew
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 05:40:37 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"

We used .22's to shoot the carp in irrigation lakes in summertime. During the hot weather they would drift just under water 15-30' offshore and "slurp" air, at least I think that was what they were doing. They would overpopulate these lakes, crowding out the trout. bass and walleye. Suckers and chubs were also a non native intrusive fish. I was told the "junk" fish like these got their start from fishermen dumping their remain live minnows at the end of the day in the ponds or lakes they were fishing. Joe.
"Joe Brophy" wrote:
================================We used .22's to shoot the carp in irrigation lakes in summertime. During the hot weather they would drift just under water 15-30' offshore and "slurp" air, at least I think that was what they were doing. They would overpopulate these lakes, crowding out the trout. bass and walleye. Suckers and chubs were also a non native intrusive fish. I was told the "junk" fish like these got their start from fishermen dumping their remain live minnows at the end of the day in the ponds or lakes they were fishing. ============================= What part of the country?
Lew .
"Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Saw a rerun of a piece on PBS describing the Asian carp situation in the Illinois River.
They have installed a curtain of electrodes in the water with low voltage electrical currents flowing between electrodes.
Fish will jump out of the water to avoid those electrical currents which is probably where my thoughts about "flying carp" came from.
As of now, those electrodes are the only thing keeping those carp out of Lake Michigan.
Lew