O'Malley power tools?

Agreed - in my case the Craftsman went for $10 at a garage sale when the Milwaukee showed up. Unbelievable the difference.

Reply to
mttt

You're right. ISO certification just means everything is documented and is supposedly done the same way every single time.

This could mean they put together cheap low quality tools the same way every time.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Don't do that! Tomorrow there will be 3 more along with it.....

Reply to
brian roth

Life is far, far too short indeed to endure the shame of a cheesy jigsaw.

O'Deen - 65 days

Reply to
Patrick Olguin

But yours was good enough to saw through that w*rkm*tt, no? BTW, where's my shipment, Paddy? :-)

Chuck Vance (21 days)

Reply to
Conan The Librarian

That was a 13 amp worm-drive Skilsaw, Chuck. Nothing cheesy bout dat, 'specially with the brand new carbide tipped blade onnit. The score - carbide 1, sheet metal 0.

In the jigsaw department, I did manage to bag a 50's era B&D saw at the local flea a little while back. Had to cough up eight bucks for it, the bastards. All aluminum case and everything working well. Geeze Keeter, these old powuh tools are kinda interesting.

Going outside this very second to cut, pack, ship, 'mano.

O'Deen (66 days)

Reply to
Patrick Olguin

Take, for example, what I did today. I had to make fill blocks to frame out four window openings, out of small blocks of 2X6. Each block had stepped out notches in it. If the only kind of jigsaw that was available was the cheesy kind, I would have found some other way to do it because it would have taken forever and the cuts would have been all over the place. The Bosch was even good for ripping out long 3 ft sections.

Reply to
BUB 209

Ooops, my bad.

Nice driveby. I paid full price for my jigsaur several years back. Got the Bosch 1587 and it has done everything I've asked of it. Of course it also sits on a shelf a good portion of the time.

Cool, thanks. So have you played around with the mesquite hunk I sent you yet?

Chuck Vance (22 days)

Reply to
Conan The Librarian