O'Malley power tools?

Page 2 of 2

Yes I read all that, do you work for O'Malley? Alex

our
for
Keep in mind that the company placing the order dictates the quality of the product, ISO2001, 2002 or not.
Leon wrote:

It's my understanding that while ISO is a procedure that can be used to dictate a level of quality it isn't a procedure that always dictates a high level of quality.
In other words, it's just the other side of "developed horsepower".
UA100

the
That is the way I understand it also. I recall several years ago as the ISO standards were being "setup", so to speak, the emphases seemed to be targeted more towards shipping and packaging. At the time however I was the GM of an AC/Delco wholesale distributor.
Unisaw A100 wrote:

It's my understanding that ISO certification is proof that a particular procedure is DOCUMENTED and this procedure is SUPPOSED to be followed by ALL regardless of where the procedure is performed. The trouble is the documentation is usually written by a hired writer who doesn't have a clue as to what the procedure really is. The information he receives is usually comprised of a bunch of lies that sound better than the truth.
I also wonder what happens to the "documentation" when translated from English to, say for instance, Chinese. I sure hope it's better than the Chinese user manuals that are translated to English.

You're right. ISO certification just means everything is documented and is supposedly done the same way every single time.
This could mean they put together cheap low quality tools the same way every time.
Brian Elfert

from their website:
Q: Where are you tools manufactured? A: All of our tools are manufactured in either China or Taiwan.

I had one experience with one of those supercheap power tools and never want to repeat it. I borrowed a new pseudosawzall from a friend while mine was in for repairs. I was cutting through a joist and the blade started binding in the cut, suddenly I was hearing the smooth hum of the motor and nothing was moving. Ended up letting the friend pay the small repair bill for the sawzall and keeping it, and getting a new sawzall.