NYW repeat

Did anyone else notice the wrongly aired repeat from last season this past weekend on the NYW? My local listings (and DirecTV's) listed this past Saturday's as being the Bermuda Chest episode 4 of the new season. However, what they aired (and with lots of dead air time) was the long dining table from last year. I contacted my local PBS station and they said they receive the program directly from satellite, so theoretically, I shouldn't have been the only one to experience this.
Cheers!
My PBS station in Columbus OH is not showing the new season of NYW. I have no idea why. I am really looking forward to the Lathe 101 episode.

I just got this email from WOSU
Dear Rick;
Thank you for taking the time to inquire about the series New Yankee Workshop on WOSU TV. We are indeed going to air the 1700's(New) series of the program beginning on Saturday March 26th at 10am. We opted to wait to begin the new series as we would have had to interrupt it for 3 weeks in March due to our largest on air fundraiser of the year. Should you have any further questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact me. Thank you and have a good day!
Sincerely, Alysia Gobert-Smith Audience Services Advocate WOSU Stations

I have to wonder about the rationale of PBS stations when it comes to fund raising programming. When I turn on the tube expecting to see Norm and all I find is some pop-psychologist, I do not feel more like donating to the station. I get irritated. If they want me to watch and donate, run a Norm-Marathon; all Norm, all the time. Or maybe a battle of the titans: Norm against Roy. I'd pay to watch that.
If I ever see Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, or, God help us, Jerry Baker when Norm is supposed to be on, I'm going to take a hostage. (Take it easy, Mr. Ridge, it's just an expression.)
Dick Durbin
Olebiker wrote:

I gave up on supporting PBS a long time ago. Part of the reason was that they were showing garbage like Dyer and Chopra and other charlatans.
The other part was that they got heaps of money to run right-wing shows like _The McLaughlin group_ week after week. But they'd trot out left-wing programs like _Manufacturing Consent_ only during pledge week. The lesson was obvious: if I wanted to see stuff on PBS that was closer to my own politics, I should _not_ be giving them money.
But the woodworking shows are the reason I got a TiVo. Really, people, _get_ one of these wonderful machines. Especially since we can now use Tivo-to-Go to move the files to our computers, and archive'em.
Thanks for the info, I live in Marysville and watch Norm on WOSU as ell. --dave

my dad lives in thornville and gets the Portsmouth PBs and they get the new season and some other cool woodworking shows that we dont. P.S. doesnt Marysville get PBS from Japan?? (Honda Joke)

Yep I remember that kind of stuff when I used to watch Norm on Saturday afternoons. The routine went something like, 1) come in from shop in time to get a glass of tea and settle down for Norm, 2) Turn on TV and see some lady with a plastic hairdo and plastic lips gushingly speak about the next "very special visit with who-the-heck-cares as she shares her love of growing left-handed blue crimson desert violets to correct the feng-shui of any house" oh, and while you watch that, our operators are standing by to take your pledge so we can continue to bring you such great programming, 3) realize that they are serious and Norm's not coming on this week or next week either -- neither is Roy because he follows Norm and FengShui flower lady is going to gift us with a *whole* hour of her wisdom, 4) turn off TV and head back out to the shop, wondering how many other regular PBS viewers for that time slot are doing the same thing vs. pulling out their wallets and pledging some $$ for more smiling plastic ladies doing FengShui. 5) realize that PBS has *no* clue about marketing or addressing your audience

PBS showed the Bermuda chest episode here in the Florida Panhandle
Sounds like a problem with YOUR PBS station.
John
On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:48:29 -0600, "Dukester"

According to my local station, it was not them that dropped the ball. Here is a copy of what the viewer services of my local station sent me:
--
8:30 A PP
Server Program New Yankee Workshoop 1704 did not roll, Put up TD slide while
Dukester wrote:

past
past
The Sacramento market PBS (KVIE) aired the Bermuda Chest episode just fine. I receive it via DirecTV.
-Chris