Nyatoh Wood vs. Teak

I am looking at outdoor furniture and see much of it is now made from Nyatoh wood.
I have since read that Nyatoh is actually a trade name for a grouping of similar wood species.
I am looking for some opinions on nyatoh for outdoor furniture. I know it isn't teak, but how does it compare? Is this a good wood, or is it being used because it is a trash wood that is plentiful and cheap?
Thanks,
-dc
Have you tried Ipe? It is similar to teak, except more dense, and harder, and is very oily. I have some pieces that have been outside for two Pacific North Wet winters, and is weathering very well. I haven't even heard of Nyatoh.
dc wrote:

Many Many Moons ago when I was just an apprentice, Nyatoh was a very popular timber for good furniture here in West OZ. It had a very tight grain, was easy to work and polished and stained well. I'm not sure that I would use it for outdoors, No to tell the truth I wouldn't use it for outside. The only draw back with it was that the bloody dust would burn your nose and sting like hell. I'll post a pic of one of the pieces which I made way back then, in the binaries group. Have a good one John