Nuther Tip of the Day (This one's serious)

I enjoyed all of the threads from Edwin's TOTD. Here is a real one that may be beneficial to those who have not done it. I place a sheet of plywood on all of my mobile bases (that can accomodate one) and use it as storage space. It's great to keep tool specific wrenches, blades, accessories with the tool and frees up general storage space in the rest of the shop. I've "shelved" the following; cabinet saw (under extension table), router table, open stand bandsaw, scroll saw, radial arm saw. Can't do the jointer or planer though. Marc

real pain to use, but allows me to keep two tools in the space of one; and with a shop my size, that is really important.
marc rosen wrote:

Whats a mobile base?
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

It's a tool stand that moves of its own accord when one doesn't wish it to. It also may not move when one desires it to. It's usually mounted on some form of rollers; loosely defined by Webster as wheels. Henry II (or Hank the deuce)