Now, maybe I have seen everything.

Page 1 of 2
I noticed this ad for Wilton hammers.
In particular a set,
2-1/2 Lb sledge with 12 in. handle 20 oz ball pein with 14in handle 32 oz crossin pein with 16in handle
These hammers come in a Protective Carrying Case
Does a tool, that you beat things with, really need a "protective" carrying case?
Perhaps this is really a commemorative set of hammers.
http://www.factoryauthorizedoutlet.com/shopequipment/wilton-3pcbash-protective-carrying-case-with-1-each-of-20212-32414-30216
On 8/20/2016 8:29 AM, Leon wrote:

Go ahead and laugh, but I'd find it very handy. When we travel, I like to have two or three hammers with us because you just never know when you'll need one. Ice machine at the motel not dispensing? The 20 oz ball pein will take care of it. Ever put your quarters in a soda machine and nothing comes out? Don't get frustrated, just grab the sledge and quench your thirst.
Since the have no sharp edges you can take the carry case on a plane with you and it fits easily under the seat of in the compartment above. Your multi-tool is banned but the hammers will be right with you when you need them.

Maxwell, is that you?
Puckdropper
On 20 Aug 2016 16:47:24 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Holy crap, you're older than dirt too aren't you?
On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 9:10:55 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:

I'll bet he's a silver haired rascal.
On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 19:42:41 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

I'll bet that applies to a good percentage of the people around here. Well, those with hair at all. ;-)

I'll put it this way... Most you guys are old enough to be my father or grandfather. I think I'm younger than Roy when he started making the Woodwright's Shop.
Puckdropper
On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 10:44:27 PM UTC-4, krw wrote:

...but did you get the reference? That's the important part.
On 8/20/2016 8:03 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

ROTFL

I guess that gives new meaning to "dumber than a box of hammers". ;-) Perhaps the "protective carrying case" isn't protecting the hammers, rather everything around the hammers?
On 8/20/2016 9:41 AM, krw wrote:

I knew some one here could explain it. LOL
Leon wrote:

Must be "Museum Quality".
--
GW Ross

I like to leave messages *before* the beep.
On 2016-08-20 8:29 AM, Leon wrote:

They guarantee them for life, as long as you never take them out of the case.
--
Froz....

The open trade secret, if it's green, mark it up high!
They should have had a foam lined gray case, designed to be stackable. ;)
I have had steel shanked hammers in the past, they really hurt the hand and the wrist if you hit something wrong. Even hitting it straight on is shocking enough.

There is NOTHING like a forged Estwing hammer. One piece steel with a leather handle - perfect balance, and virtually no "shock"
On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 19:39:58 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Perhaps, but I haven't used one. I have hammers that I used when welding or shaping molten metal in the past and they were harsh.
These are not one piece hammers, they have a piece welded on the handle to stop the head from flying off, which made me shudder thinking of what happens when you have a loose head on a handle.
Features Unbreakabler Handle Technology - Steel core eliminates breaking during overstrikes Trademark Green Head - Hi-Vis, drop forged 46 HRC steel head endures the most demanding applications Safety Plate - Secures head to handle preventing head dislodging Ergonomic handle shaped and thickened for increased comfort, less vibration, and improved grip
I'd rather have a "spring" style handle. No-Slip Grip - Vulcanized rubber handle for secure grip while striking Hard plastic carrying case for portability and storage
On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 19:39:58 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I guess people are different. I can't use an Estwing claw hammer. I can feel the ""shock"" go right up my arm to my elbow. I much prefer fiberglass handles.

Mabee the :protective case" is to protect "the rest of the world" from the 3 hammers???
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Maybe it's to keep the green paint from chipping? The product "features" indicates the case is for portability and storage. You must admit, it's a lovely collection--and the case makes it clear that each hammer is one of a "set".
Bill wrote:

On second thought, the $5 case must make it a heck of a lot easier to ship these guys...