Not 'really' OT

Page 1 of 2

I was going to learn to use a router, but I didn't dare to take the plunge.
I was going to be a lawyer, but I couldn't find my briefs.
I was going to be a doctor, but I didn't have the patience.
"Robatoy"

I was going to be a skydiver but I was not ready to take the leap.
I was going to be a surgeon but didn't make the cut.
Dave
Teamcasa wrote:

I wanted to be a mathematician but couldn't integrate.
OKOK, its weak, but I like it anyway (my g/f is a mathie). Have you heard the joke about e^x at the party...
PK
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:47:22 -0500, Paul Kierstead wrote:

Ask her "what's purple and commutes?"
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com

While we're on that subject:
Three squaws were each preparing for the birth of their first child. The first placed a large bear hide by the river, the second squaw placed an elk hide by the tree by the river, and the third squaw placed a hippopotamus hide by a path, near the river and the tree, so that the three formed a triangle.
It just so happened that all three women gave birth on the same day. The first squaw on the bear hide had a 5lb son, the second on the elk hide had a 6lb son, and the third squaw on the hippopotamus hide had an 11lb son.
To this day, mathematicians credit these three women with the first proof of Pythagorus's Theory :
The son of the squaw of the hippopotamus is equal to the sons of the squaws of the adjacent hides.
Oh my freakin' god, that's terrible.
ROFLMAO
-Phil Crow
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Ever start a thread...and then wish you hadn't?....*G*
Tim and Steph wrote:
<great yet terrible math joke snipped, use google!>

Oh man, I love it.
So, there was this big math party. All the important functions where there; sin, cos, Pythagoras, everyone. e^x showed up to the party but was observed staying alone in the corner quietly. Some of the equations felt rather bad and went over to e^x and said to it: "Come on, have fun and join the party! You will never have fun if you don't integrate!". e^x replied: "Why bother, it doesn't make any difference".
ROFLMAO!!!
PK
Australopithecus scobis wrote:

I think she has just finished too many mid-terms; she doesn't get it. Ok, give!
PK
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:17:58 -0500, Paul Kierstead wrote:

An Abelian grape.
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:28:11 -0600, the inscrutable Australopithecus

I don't get it. Give!
======================================================= Was that an African + http://www.diversify.com or European Swallow? + Gourmet Web Applications =======================================================

" A group or other algebraic object is said to be Abelian if the law of commutativity always holds."
;-)
Dave Balderstone wrote:

And while we're at it, don't forget that all involutory collineations are harmonic homologies. Sheeeesh.     j4
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 05:47:45 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

1. You're not a mathemetician, so it won't be funny. Trust me on this.
2. One of the properties of an Abelian group is that it is commutative. (Addition is commutative; 4 + 3 = 3 + 4.) Groups are apparently very interesting to maths types. I never took those courses, though.
3. What's purple and wants to rule the world? Alexander the grape. You get the picture...
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com

Purple in the ocean? Moby Grape.

That's .. what's pink and floats in the ocean..
Moby's dick.
... I don't write them...
Robatoy wrote:

Worse and worse. What's green and can do mach 1 *backward*?
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

I do not know, Morris. Please tell us.