Not 'really' OT

I was going to learn to use a router, but I didn't dare to take the plunge.

I was going to be a lawyer, but I couldn't find my briefs.

I was going to be a doctor, but I didn't have the patience.

Robatoy

"Robatoy"

I was going to be a skydiver but I was not ready to take the leap.

I was going to be a surgeon but didn't make the cut.

Dave

Teamcasa

I wanted to be a mathematician but couldn't integrate.

OKOK, its weak, but I like it anyway (my g/f is a mathie). Have you heard the joke about e^x at the party...

PK

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

Ask her "what's purple and commutes?"

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

While we're on that subject:

Three squaws were each preparing for the birth of their first child. The first placed a large bear hide by the river, the second squaw placed an elk hide by the tree by the river, and the third squaw placed a hippopotamus hide by a path, near the river and the tree, so that the three formed a triangle.

It just so happened that all three women gave birth on the same day. The first squaw on the bear hide had a 5lb son, the second on the elk hide had a 6lb son, and the third squaw on the hippopotamus hide had an

11lb son.

To this day, mathematicians credit these three women with the first proof of Pythagorus's Theory :

The son of the squaw of the hippopotamus is equal to the sons of the squaws of the adjacent hides.

Reply to
Tim and Steph

I wanted to be a comedian, but everyone just laughed at me.

Reply to
Robert Allison

Oh my freakin' god, that's terrible.

ROFLMAO

-Phil Crow

Reply to
phildcrowNOSPAM

Oh man, I love it.

So, there was this big math party. All the important functions where there; sin, cos, Pythagoras, everyone. e^x showed up to the party but was observed staying alone in the corner quietly. Some of the equations felt rather bad and went over to e^x and said to it: "Come on, have fun and join the party! You will never have fun if you don't integrate!". e^x replied: "Why bother, it doesn't make any difference".

ROFLMAO!!!

PK

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

I think she has just finished too many mid-terms; she doesn't get it. Ok, give!

PK

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

An Abelian grape.

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:28:11 -0600, the inscrutable Australopithecus scobis spake:

I don't get it. Give!

======================================================== Was that an African +

or European Swallow? + Gourmet Web Applications ========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

" A group or other algebraic object is said to be Abelian if the law of commutativity always holds."

;-)

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

And while we're at it, don't forget that all involutory collineations are harmonic homologies. Sheeeesh. j4

Reply to
jo4hn

or about the constipated accountant that worked it out with a pencil?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis
[...]

The one about the e^x bragging to the differential operator that it can't be harmed just to hear: "Pity. I'm d/dy..."?

Reply to
Juergen Hannappel

I wanted to be a teacher but didn't make the grade...

I was going to be a butcher but didn't make the cut..

I was going to be a mule skinner, but couldn't find my ass?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

  1. You're not a mathemetician, so it won't be funny. Trust me on this.
  2. One of the properties of an Abelian group is that it is commutative. (Addition is commutative; 4 + 3 = 3 + 4.) Groups are apparently very interesting to maths types. I never took those courses, though.
  3. What's purple and wants to rule the world? Alexander the grape. You get the picture...
Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

or the constipated engineer who worked it out with a slide rule?

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

Purple in the ocean? Moby Grape.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

That's .. what's pink and floats in the ocean..

Moby's dick.

... I don't write them...

Reply to
Robatoy