Not a Neener, but almost...

Well, I've just bought myself a DeWalt six tool cordless combo pack. The DeWalt DC6PAKRA is now proudly displayed on my living room table. Drill/driver, reciprocating saw, power saw, right angle drill, cut-off tool and lantern pack.
It's the 18 volt package and while DeWalt has cordless tools up to 36 volts, the version I bought appears to be sufficiently powerful to handle my needs for the foreseeable future.
The primary reason I went with DeWalt is that they're one of the few manufacturers let still producing the bulk of their products on the North American continent. Add to that a decent warranty and a fair return policy made it a good enough reason for me to spend the money.
Anybody want to buy a DeWalt 6 pack cordless tool duffel bag? It's highly doubtful I'll ever be hauling 50lbs of cordless tools all at once to any location. :)

It's funny how those bags sell on eBay. You'll see lots of ten for ~15 bucks a piece, then lots of typical prices, but there's always someone who'll pay $50 for one bag including shipping. Go figure.
Good luck with the tools.

When we moved, I put about a dozen plastic cases from drills and stuff out for "spring cleanup" and folks were damn near fighting over them.. Never could figure out why.. I don't use them and I have the damn tools that fit in them!
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

for
that fit

I rarely use them too. What I'd really like to see is the option when you're buying a tool to not buy the case the tool comes in and get a price reduction, even a small one. They might be needed for the general contractor running around in his truck, but the home user has little use for them in my opinion.
I'll try to sell the bag online at the same time I'm selling my 12V Milwaukee cordless drill and if that doesn't get rid of the bag, I'll just leave it in the laundry room of my apartment building. That's the usual place to dispose of useful stuff that one doesn't want.
I'm going to buy a second tool cabinet soon, one dedicated to woodworking stuff. When I get that organized, I'm sure I'll find that moulding head that I've promised to send you.
Dave
Upscale wrote:

I'd pass on it for free, just to reduce waste and consumption.

Yeah... I don't travel much, so putting a tool in a case means I'm not going to use it.. The cases use up plastic and take up a lot of room to store... When I moved, I had a bunch of them stacked on a high shelf that was too remote for anything else..

Cool.. looking forward to it, but no hurry... Though folks would never know to look at it, my shop is pretty organized... Things that get used often are always returned to the same place, be it hook, shelf or pile.. ;-] My wife wishes that rest of my crap was as organized..