Not A McMansion

A real estate guy contacted me today about a job I did back in the 90's.
He sent me this link to the for-sale website:
http://www.lionsgateestate.com /#
It was a good gig. I did the entry stairs and the entry millwork.
Built some columns on the interior, too.
I sure did like doing that sort of work.
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker
Tom Watson wrote:

I suppose you want a compliment just because it is beautiful work. :-)
OKOKOK It's actually fabulous work though!
My compliments. Hope you have photos in your portfolio. If not -- then get some.

Ah! Must be nice to have a cottage in the country.
Beautiful place Tom. It must make you proud to have had a major role in it
--------------
I especially like that 6-car garage!
Let's see, one for my '97 and one for the '01.
THEN:
One for wood storage.
One for the main shop area.
One for a finish room.
The last for the lawnmower.
Yeah..I'd be like a duck out of water!
Besides, the pool room is kind of narrow.
Lou

Absolutely, way too much chance of somebody putting a pool cue through one of my Van Gogh's.

yeah. It's narrow because it's one of those pools that pushes water at you while you're swimming - and "endless - something or other".
I was gone before they got that online.
Sounded like a giant hot tub with the jets all pointed one way.
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

And they hide that under the billiard table? Wow!
-j
snipped-for-privacy@erehwon.com says...

Looks like a beautiful place, ... except for (IMO) that black marble bathroom. To each their own, but for my tastes that was oppresive! :-)

Der be sum purty stuff der, sir.
--
Charles Jones ( snipped-for-privacy@frii.com)
Loveland, Colorado
On 17 Mar 2005 14:24:01 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Damn! Yer a homeboy.
Where do you live?
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

Glenmoore - about 8 miles north of Downingtown.
On 17 Mar 2005 17:35:24 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

When I was a kid, I worked in the Shryock Bros. Papermill, on 162.
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

Very nice! Get a pro in there with his Hasselblad and make a calender for your customers.

Booful work. Oogly barn^H^H^H^Hhotel^H^H^H^Home.

I can imagine. Doing nice work for people who can actually pay for it and not give you grief about a measly fiver or ten grand difference? Yeah, nice.
But it's a BFU house, isn't it? The pink and black checkerboarding gag me, and the size alone is enough to give anyone an inferiority complex just walking through it. Not homey or comfy at ALL! ('Course, I'm solidly the "Not So Big House" camp.)
The two areas I liked (but the first'd be too cold) was the whirlpool bath area and the lovely + interesting Kohler Environmental Chamber.
---------------------------------------------------------- Please return Stewardess to her original upright position. -------------------------------------- http://www.diversify.com Tagline-based T-shirts!
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:39:14 -0800, Larry Jaques

There's a bit of a story to the fellow who had this house built.
Below you will find some excerpts from the local paper.
MAIN LINE CON ARTIST SENTENCED TO PRISON POSING AS A RICH PSYCHOLOGIST, RICHARD C. GROSSMAN BILKED LENDERS OUT OF MILLIONS. HE FACES 38 MONTHS BEHIND BARS.
Source: L. Stuart Ditzen, INQUIRER STAFF WRITER A Long Island man who defrauded a dozen lending institutions of more than $17 million while posing as a wealthy Main Line psychologist in the mid-1990s has been sentenced to 38 months in prison.Richard C. Grossman, 48, pleaded guilty in September 1997 to 34 counts of fraud and money laundering. He was sentenced Tuesday by U.S. District Judge Edmund V. Ludwig.An eccentric who fantasized about revolutionizing the field of psychotherapy, Grossman had been scheduled for sentencing Feb. 4,
$18M SCAMMER JAILED FOR 38 MONTHS
Source: Jim Smith, Daily News Staff Writer A con artist who built a massive Main Line mansion for himself while swindling about $18 million from various lenders has been sentenced to 38 months in prison.With credit for eight months behind bars, Richard C. Grossman could be in a halfway house in two years under the sentence imposed Monday by U.S. District Judge Edmund V. Luwig.The judge discarded sentencing guidelines that called for at least eight years in prison.Leniency was shown over prosecutors' objections because
Published on September 29, 1999, Page 31, Philadelphia Daily News (PA)
Ah well - I got paid.
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

That works out to $473,000 per month of incarceration. Not too shabby at all. Free room and board too.

Very nice work and pictures. I'd guess 10 million for PA.

I thought it was your house. <G>
Barry

Very nice work!
How many clamps does it take to clamp up a curved handrail? Too damn many! :-)
Mike O.