Norton 3X

Is Norton 3X Sandpaper of any special quality or capability? Just got an email that Lee Valley is selling it at a reduced rate and I was wondering if I should stock up on some.
On 10/20/2011 1:37 AM, Dave wrote:

For sheet sand paper it is better than most.
It's a motorcycle in True Grit!
----------- "Dave" wrote in message
Is Norton 3X™ Sandpaper of any special quality or capability? Just got an email that Lee Valley is selling it at a reduced rate and I was wondering if I should stock up on some.

Did you ever own a Norton? Fast beautiful bike. WW
Nope. Drove a bike twice and drove off a cliff with one of the times. That finished that.
Only one with a driveshaft, no?
----------- "WW" wrote in message
Did you ever own a Norton? Fast beautiful bike. WW

Fine Woodworking mag has a sandpaper review running this month. I think Norton was near the top but maybe surprisingly beat out by some others. Don't have mag handy to give exact info.
In article <1180eb32-398a-4d9d-a031-706cf310dd42

It's certainly proven adequate to every task I have set it. Need to get some more--it was on a low shelf in the basement.