Northwest Arkansas Woodturners?

I teach at the Clear Spring School in Eureka Springs, and I have the opportunity to have world class woodturner Judy Dittmer available for an afternoon to teach, share, and demo. If there are woodworkers/turners in the Northwest Arkansas area that would like to attend, please email me for more information.
Judy Dittmer is a professional turner, teaches at Anderson Ranch and other notable craft schools and is the author of woodturning books. Tthe date of the event is Friday, October 29. in Eureka Springs.
I've been overwhelmed and haven't had enough time to prepare and publicize. My email address is snipped-for-privacy@arkansas.net
Doug Stowe
--
Doug Stowe Author of: Creating Beautiful Boxes With Inlay Techniques
Simply Beautiful Boxes Making Elegant Custom Tables

I've only ever needed these for repair work, so matching the size was an issue. I took the old one into my local cobbler and leatherworker, and he sewed one up for me from scratch.
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:18:42 +0100, Andy Dingley

Richard: If you can't find one locally, give these guys a call. I traded one of my t-shirts to Churchill for some leather scraps quite a while back. http://www.brettunsvillage.com/ They appear to run a top-flight leather & trunk shoppe.
--
"Excess regulation and government spending destroy jobs and increase
unemployment. Every regulator we fire results in the creation of over
Richard Hanley wrote:

Try Lee Valley Tools:
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.asp?SID=&ccurrency=1&page@643&category=3%2C41427%2C41377
Take a look at Rockler as well: http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_group.cfm?&objectgroup_id 7&catid=6
They are generally cheaper than Lee Valley, but then who isn't? Peace.
On 10/24/04 5:45 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net, "Nova"

Nick Silva writes:

You're kidding, right? Think Woodcraft for higher prices. Or Garret Wade. Or Highland Hardware. Or any of a large number more.
But for molded suitcase handles, check: http://www.brettunsvillage.com/trunks/howto/parts/schandles.htm
Charlie Self "When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary." Thomas Paine
(remove the "_"s)
The Other Bruce ===================================================================>
Richard Hanley wrote:

I just notice that you don't want the flat handles. You can try:
http://www.brettunsvillage.com/trunks/howto/parts /

How original do you want this tool box? I suggest that you make a handle yourself. I own this leathercraft book and can vouch for it's usefulness and instructive capabilities.
http://www.tandyleather.com/prodinfo.asp?number `2200&variation=&aitem4&mitemD
    I am restoring a oak tool box and need some sources for leather handles [ not the flat strap but like a suitcase handle ]. Can anyone help? thank you Richard
http://www.tandyleather.com /

Make your own. Take a strip of 16"x 6" thin leather. Roll it into thin rope along the long edge. Rivet the ends together to make a loop 8" long. Take a 6" x 6" strip of thin leather and wrap it around the middle of the loop. Stitch both sides of the 6" strip with waxed linen thread. It's now ready to attach to a toolbox. If the hardware on the tool box does not allow attaching after construction, then thread the 16" roll through it first. This is all easy construction even for someone that isn't into leatherworking. If you're unsure as to what type of leather to use, then visit your local shoe repair and buy some scraps from them.

Sure, there is Tandy, but I highly recommend this horse butt leather: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 13490412 This seller's site: http://www.brettunsvillage.com/ The piece I got is really large, it is thin and super strong and pliable, you can work with it. It will last you two lifetimes. I will be using both sides for sharpening strops. VERY fast shipping.
Alex
I have seen Judith's presentation. It's worth the trip. OK, maybe not if you were from the left or right coast.
UA100
Group: If you're anywhere near the place, SEE JUDY DITTMER. She was at a club meeting in Milwaukee some years ago and it was boffo.
Bob Schmall