Normites, Neanders and A Bridge to Unification

Page 1 of 2

The chasm between the Normites (the followers of Norma Abrahms and his Tailed Beasts) and the Neanders (the followers of Roy Underhill and his Primitive Hand Tools) is a wide one, with animosity between these two camps often disturbing the otherwise tranquil and harmonious Wreck. In an attempt at reconciliation I propose an all encompassing NEW woodworking religion - The Mosrchgue (MOSque chuRCH synagoGUE) with Les Nessman as its Prophet (I was considering Dubya as the profit prophet- what with all his early pratfalls - I’m mean being felled by a peanut! That rasied the Clutch Meter’s maximum value up at least three notches above the Gerald Ford mark.) Followers can recongize each other by the one or more visible bandaids, bandages or surgical tape they wear proudly on one or more of their appendages.
(For those not familiar with Les Nessman, google “WKRP” or “Les Nessman”)
Now fess up. With all the sharp tools in the shop and all the sharp edges on freshly milled stock, to say nothing of burs on metal parts, sharp corners on band clamps etc. , I’m betting almost anyone who reads this message has at least one bandaid or the like stuck to some visible part of their body, or a tan line where one recently hid skin from sunshine.
It’s time to put aside our differences and unite against the MDFers, the OSBers and the Melaminites!
What say you!?
Charlie b raising his bandaged index finger - proudly
Add pictures here
βœ–
My door is always open
Add pictures here
βœ–
charlie b wrote:

I vote Les. As long as he brings along the young Jennifer Marlowe or Bailey Quarters!!!!
Add pictures here
βœ–

Gawd, YES! Bailey Quarters
*bites knuckles*
That was a sexually charged character.
I had forgotten about her...how was this possible? Early senility?
Add pictures here
βœ–

YES, indeed. There are two kinds of people: Gingers and Mary Anns. I'm a Mary Ann. But there are also two kinds of people: Jennifers and Baileys. I am most definitely a Bailey. I really, REALLY miss her.
I'd be willing to bet there are not too many Mary Anns who are not also Baileys. I don't see Mary Anns going for Jennifer. I definitely don't see Gingers going for Bailey.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
βœ–

LRod, you old fart, I'm a Mary Ann guy too - but who is this Bailey that you are going on about.
(watson - an old fart who feels like he's missing out on something...)
βœ–

βœ–
Robatoy wrote:

Mmmmmmmm. Bailey.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Tom Watson wrote:

Her real name is Jan Smithers. See:
http://www.clothmonkey.com/smithers.htm
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
charlie b wrote:

I didn't know that we were having a state of "animosity". However, I guess I can join in the stand against the mulched wood crowd.
1 shoulda had stitches and 2 tape-aids. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

Well, as there is only one way that I know on how to approach a problem, I will try to explain the procedure as I have been taught. Our Canuckistani parliament runs on that very same bundle of methods, surely it will suffice in doing the job here. First, run the idea up the flagpole and see who salutes. Second, float a trial balloon (approved models only). Third, cast out a lure and see who nibbles. At the end of the day, you might have enough people to form a committee to see if they can create a Royal Commission, before a steering committee can suggest a task-force. The newly created panel can then, but only then, suggest what we will have for lunch. A napkin sketch, a few pints of brew, a dart-game, and voila! A solution! The Mosrchgue lives! Now for the recruitment of a few fresh pink spongy minds. Offer them a position on the board in exchange for a campaign contribution....I know, I know, sounds like a new, radical idea, but let's try it anyway. Then, we have a general meeting. (Don't sit too close to those Neanderthals, they have those big flat pencils in their pockets and they're not afraid to use them.) The cordless crowd will be segregated also. Section 4, Aisle #3 is designated for the ungrounded ABS/PVC Dust collect crowd (they all seem to have a death-wish anyway.) We will then pass around a form with multiple answers for each question. All will have a check-box which says : "No, Sir, I don't like it." The guy with the fewest drool-marks, scribbles and coffee stains on his form gets the job as Grand Toolbah!
Simple, really.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Robatoy wrote:

Very good.
What he didn't explain is that this is the "Committee Lite" version of getting something done here -- but if anyone thinks we need industrial strength...
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
charlie b wrote:

Can we add staining cherry to one of the rituals -- say the baptism service...???
Anyway -- I need to attain a higher plane here so I must go.
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

As God is my witness - I thought turkeys could fly.
JT. No bandaid today, but would gladly wear one tomorrow ...
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:49:50 +0000 (UTC), John Thomas

I have said, many times (you can look it up), the all time funniest line on TV, ever.
Let's have more news and Les Nessman.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
βœ–

Absolutely. A brilliant supernova in comparison to the dim light of the so-called sitcoms today.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I saw that episode, first-run. I thought I was going to die. What more can I say? -- I fully agree with you.
Regards,
JT (also a Mary Ann/Bailey guy ...)
Add pictures here
βœ–
John Thomas wrote:

I'll join that fan club!
Barry
Add pictures here
βœ–

An invoice for your membership dues is in the mail. Did you want the Susan Sarandon/Bebe Newirth option as well?
Add pictures here
βœ–
Robatoy wrote:

Just Bailey... <G> Although Litlith was incredibly sexy.
Barry
Add pictures here
βœ–