Norm's Work Table

Several months ago Norm build a work table with retractable rollers. I didn't pay that much attention at the time, but now have a place where I can use such a table. Without buying the full plans, does anyone remember how the retractable mechanism works? (Norm got the idea from a PBS station.)
Robert,
Norm has a photo of the table in use on his web site. You should be able to see enough of what is happening under the table to duplicate the design without the need for purchased plans.
Go here,
http://www.newyankee.com/getphoto2.cgi?0207.jpg , and see if this helps.
--
Richard A.

junk snipped-for-privacy@az.rmci.net
As I recall, casters are mounted on plywood stretchers that are hinged-attached to the L shaped legs. A plywood block, hinged to the other part of the L-leg locks the stretcher in place when the table is lifted just enough to set the casters down. A cord attached to the 2 blocks, pulls the blocks up and gravity pulls the table down onto the floor. You can kinda sorta see it here:
http://www.newyankee.com/swcorner_large2.shtml (large image)
and here:
http://www.newyankee.com/getphoto2.cgi?0207.jpg
-- Cheers! Duke remove the DontSpamMePlease for replies

Doesn't you local library stock the video tapes of the shows?
Len
Robert Boucher wrote:

Don't know where you are, but HERE the local county library does NOT stock nor budget for these kinds of things
John

Ask the librarian to start.
Here in CT, we have a wonderful collection that gets better all the time, in addition to an inter-library loan system. I've found librarians to very accommodating to user requests. They LOVE when their libraries get used!
Barry
Thanks for all the positive responses to my inquiry about Norm's table. A good group!