Norm's Socks

Page 2 of 2

I thought that perhaps I had stayed away long enough to forget and be forgotten, but I do recognize a few names. You making any sawdust? dac
I'll repeat Rob's welcome, good to see you back DA. I've missed your carving posts.
--
Greg

"D. A. Clark" wrote in message ...
Yeah, I'm makin' a bit, but not enough. I moved back to Canada a few years back and still haven't settled down.
Rob
--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"D. A. Clark" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (D. A. Clark) wrote in message

I think it depends on your application. I could have used oil and wax on my library panelling but since it is next to the hot tub room I was not sure that the finish would be very durable with the humidity changes.
So we applied a modern polyurethane finish, and the result is pretty good. With 150 sqft of surface I was not going to do 10 coats of laquer anyway. If you use the right brushes etc you can definitely get a great result that is far more durable than laquer, looks just as good and takes much less time to apply.
Norm does have a point here...