Norm's Fan Club

I think I may have inadvertently joined Norm's Fan Club. I'm a tool junkie and a long time do-it-yourselfer and a beginning wooddorker.

I had to install manufactured drawers, slides and slide holders in a recently installed Aristokraff kitchen cabinet. Drilled pilot holes in the front slide holders and screwed the left and right, upper and lower front slide holders to the faceframe. When I looked at completing the installation, I found I was too fat, too old and too stiff to get inside the cabinet to drill and mount the left and right, upper and lower rear slide holders.

(Note: My wife and I have an agreement: In order for me to complete any project, I get a tool chit to add one tool to my collection. The tool may or may not be necessary to complete that project.)

I grabbed my tool chit for this project and sped to the Borg. Bought a Porter-Cable CFBN125A Pancake Compressor with a BN125A Brad Nailer. I took a couple of test firings to set the brad depth and went to work.

In less than 5 minutes, I had the rear slide holders attached to the cabinet and the slides and drawers installed and the cabinet door re-installed.

Boy, have I found a new toy! I'm not ready to give up my Besseys, but this brad nailer will surely solve my problem of only having two hands. The next project, what ever it may be, will likely provide a finish nailer.

I don't have a tool belt, I don't wear nail pockets, but I wonder if somewhere out there I'll find a holster for my brad nailer.

Jack

Reply to
John Flatley

Suggest you use also one of your chits for hardened steel thigh armour.

Reply to
Upscale

Broke down and got one last year myself. It sure does save a lot of frustration. You can clamp and curse, wait endlessly for the spouse, or tack the place and move on. Gotta love it.

For the inevitable critics:

If you can't see it, it isn't there. If it's utilitarian, they can be everywhere.

Reply to
George

Just bought one myself. Can't imagine being without it after using it only three times.

Reply to
RayV

See:

no(SPAM)vasys

Now there's a post that *really* needed some context...

Reply to
PC Paul