Norm Nowrecki - The Fall Of Dizum - Part The First

Page 1 of 2
The thirty-ounce waffle-head descended for a final time upon the tortured remains of the ancient Motorola.
Seven full strokes had revealed and then obliterated its innards - leaving only a smoking curl of duct tape as a final reminder of its former presence.
Nowrecki let his hand slide from the dog-legged hickory handle of his framing hammer. It was done.
Turning from the corpse of his old companion, which had transmitted so much grief into his ear and life - Nowrecki picked up and fondled his new Nokia.
Bluetoothed and fully funded from the coffers of the Wreck Cabal, the Nokia was ready to join up with Norm's spanky new Centrino based M-1.7ghz laptop - in the never ending war against the trolls.
The Cabal had tasked Nowrecki with tracking down the most current twit, who was posting anonymously (or, so he thought) from the domain of dizum.
The Sam Spade software had been updated.
The pickup team's number was on speed dial.
Nowrecki punched in the number of his contact at the Cabal - a voice came on the line and sighed - "Tage Frid".
It was time to kick some ass.
Regards, Tom.
Tom Watson wrote:

Hot Damn! Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
charlie b wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

"The Shadow Knows." (insert sepulchral laugh track here).
I liked Fibber's closet. (insert trash pile falling sound bite here).
I also liked Benny's (or Rochester's) Maxwell.
Jack Armstrong was someone who I wanted to be - when I wasn't trying to be Tom Swift (different media.)
The Green Hornet was awesome.
Who gave away the Secret Decoder Rings?
News Reels should still be shown at the beginning of all movies - as should cartoons. BTW - they should still cost as much as you could earn by returning soda bottles - on a good week.
And Lamont Cranston (and the beautiful Margot Lane) - ah!
Tracer Of Missing Persons, anyone?
Makes what currently passes for "entertainment" seem shameful.
Regards, Tom.
Tom Watson writes:

And try to get today's kids wanting to be like Jack Armstrong. More likely Eminem. There's a goal for ya.
Charlie Self "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right." Thomas Paine

Quick! What was the name of the car?
djb
--
Was that last sig line lame or what?

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:45:27 -0600, Dave Balderstone

Black Beauty (before they were things that we took in college to stay awake during exam time).
Regards, Tom.

Shoulda known you'd be first in.
I loved that show.
djb
--
Was that last sig line lame or what?

Tom Watson wrote:

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

Richard Diamond, Private Eye was a TV show - Late 50's IIRC. Mary Tyler Moore was the telephone operator whose legs were all that was ever shown.

Benny's. How about his trips into his vault.

Little Orphan Annie (at least for one. may have been others)

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA
brought forth from the murky depths:

I got it from the crackerback jox, Nancy.
Remember Cosby's "Chicken Heart" or his Old Weird Harold character? "Start smearin' that jello!"

Wow, you really are retired, aren't ya?

"Reality TV"? If that's reality, I'm glad I don't have a single bit of it anywhere near me. Whew!
P.S: What is the Nowrecki airing schedule?
------------------------------------------------------------------------- Poverty is easy. * http://diversify.com It's Charity and Chastity that are hard. * Data-based Website Design -------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What about my pickle?"
"You're lucky you've still got the brown paper bag, small change!"
"You haven't seen the last of me, Danger!"
"No, but the first of you turns my stomach!"
(Who is he talking to? And how does he make his voice *do* that?)
--
"I'm a man, but I can change... If I have to... I guess." -- Red Green

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:33:13 -0600, Dave Balderstone

"She's in the aviary, studying trees."
"No, only half a ki. I had to split it with the sound effects man."
"Better pull your mukluks out of the cellophane before they scorch."
------------------------------------------------------------------------- Poverty is easy. * http://diversify.com It's Charity and Chastity that are hard. * Data-based Website Design -------------------------------------------------------------------------
Damn, this thread has me remembering how much I loved radio shows. I was 9 in 1953 when we got our first TV and radio drama and comedy shows were about gone. Occasionally, late at night on the car radio station comes fluttering in with replays of these shows. The road bends and these voices of past nights of suspense, laughter and tears float away. Radio Days were a special time and I am very glad I had a chance to experience it.
The heart-tugging Doctor Christian starring Jean Hersholt. Bobby Benson and the B-Bar-B Riders Grand Central Station The original Our Miss Brooks Crimebusters Al Jolson Show Burns & Allen Grand Central Station My favorite, Sargent Preston of the Yukon, his horse Blackie and wonder dog, King, the real star of the show.
AND the only personality to have THREE simultaneously running TV shows, Arthur Godfrey. Remember the marvelous lyrics of his record hit:: I don't want her/ you can have her/She's too fat for me... Name the Godfrey cast members:
Tony Marvin. announcer, Julius LaRosa, boy singer Carmel Quinn, Irish vocalist Frank Parker, tenor Lu Ann Simms, cute and sweat girl singer The Cordettes Janette Davis. felamle POP singer Marian Marlow, soprano Haleloke, Hawaiian songstress The McGuire Sisters and Archie Blier and his band There were others but these were the main "Friends.".
Cape Cod Bob Visit my web site at http://home.comcast.net/~bobmethelis Delete the two "spam"s for email
Tom ...
<<I also liked Benny's (or Rochester's) Maxwell.>>
Many people are unaware that the sound of that Maxwell was created by Mel Blanc who also was the voice of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, etc.
<<Who gave away the Secret Decoder Rings?>>
I believe that would be Captain Midnight. (Pour yourself a glass of Ovaltine and "Fire up the Silver Dart, Icky.")
Lee

Inner Sanctum

This all goes to prove we really ARE a bunch of OF's.
--
Nahmie
The first myth of management is that management exists.