Norm is Right Tilt

Page 2 of 2
You're joking, right? Overthrowing those in power hardly qualifies them as preservers of the status quo.
I guess my experiences living and traveling with the folks from the evil empire just bent my mind right. You obviously have a different tilt.

Anyone who has traveled or lived in West Texas might have trouble believing the earth is round. (or mostly round.) However, folks who read the New York Times can clearly see and understand the liberal bias in the reporting, editorial and opinion sections. (Even though there is a token conservative columnist to sit by the door.)
Your story of the news evaluators leaves a question unasked and unanswered. You do not mention a baseline of relative facts on which to judge the bias of a story. For example; years ago a friend and I played golf every weekend. We tried to play many different golf courses. My friend loved to talk and one day he was entertaining a group in the club house. He said, "The last time I play Panama City..." As I listened to his tale, I was the only person at the table that knew that the last time he played that golf course was also the first time and the only time he played that golf course. What he said was true but biased to make himself seem more traveled than he was. The group did not have the same baseline of facts that I did. How you say something is as important as what you say.
The conservative columnist Thomas Sowell makes an interesting point in a recent piece which appeared in my local paper today. He suggests that the media's liberal bias is MORE in evidence in the stories NOT covered as compared to the WAY that stories are covered. He cites several examples. Did the news evaluators you refer to study the stories not covered.
An interesting side note to the discussion on media bias is the failure of the "Liberal Talk Radio Network." They didn't pay their bills, they didn't pay their employees and could not attract a listening audience large enough to support the advertisers they needed. Maybe failed is too strong a word; they may have just made an adjustment to their strategy. Some folks have wondered if the liberal philosophy would withstand the heat of talk radio.
Jack Flatley

Well, it may not be a failure yet but the writing on the wall is clear. Actually it was clear from the start that it would ultimately fail. Radio is a tough market and the shows that fail far outweigh the ones that succeed. Going lock stock and barrel with all day left wing programming was indeed a long shot (as any network devoted to any one subject would be).
Frank
all this over whether or not Norms saw is left or right tilt...... sad..

"js" wrote in message ...

... only if the irony in the original post went over your head.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/15/04

Mine too

Simply perception. In reality, Norm uses his shop tilting device, that of course, he got for free. The saw stays fixed, preserving it's 90 degree setting, rotating the shop around.

A guy that is in the pocket of the big lumbering delta porter-cable corporation lean to the left? No way, it is pure capitalism around the NYW.
Frank