Nooitgedagt shoulder plane

Anyone tried these? I DAGS and found some references from a couple of years ago. Back then guys were paying about $50 and were very happy. I'm a little skeptical considering the price on eBay. If they're the real deal, then it doesn't look bad.
--

Donnie Vazquez
Sunderland, MD
Donnie Vazquez wrote:

--

Donnie Vazquez
Sunderland, MD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#80202873&category )526
says...

Hi this was unusual for me to see here as it is a dutch manufacturer,they are still made and yes it is the real deal.In fact I would say that 50% of dutch carpenters still use wooden planes on site.Now a subsidury of Irwin Nooitgedagt still make chisels,planes and marking tools.chisels suck but the dutch still consider them to be the best.wouldnt pay to much for one though Russell
Correction: last year, Nooitgedagt was bought by AmericanTool, which was bought by Irwin, which decided to close the factory by the end of last summer. So: no more Nooitgedagt..
And yes: in Holland Nooitgedagt chisels are (were?) considered to be among the best. Dunno if they're really that good. For me, they work just fine.
Greetz, Theo

Theo Veenstra wrote:

One more company eaten by Rubbermaid, just like Record. They seem to enjoy buying and closing WWing companies. Take a look at the Rubbermaid website and see what they own, then try to get to the divisions. A lot of the links don't seem to go anywhere, or at least they didn't last time I went looking for these planes and Record vises. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

I got one. It's unfinished, works great. I'm still learning to set the depth properly, but I can get fluffy shavings. Too deep a cut jams the throat with zigzag. Seriously considering buying one or both of the other planes, too.
--
"Keep your ass behind you."

Australopithecus scobis wrote:

I was hoping someone would say that :-)