Nooitgedagt Chisels

Looking for opinions of Nooitgedagt chisels. How do they compare to others and where do you find them? How much should one expect to pay?
Thanks,
DJ
snipped-for-privacy@johnsonwindowfilms.com (Rossmoor Don) wrote in message

I also got the same set for $29.95 and am very happy with them
snipped-for-privacy@J.com wrote in message

Fine Woodworking Magazine did a review of bench chisels some time back. Issue #139, Nov/Dec, 1999, I believe. IIRC, I think Nooitgedagt chisels didn't fare too well in comparison with the rest, but maybe they've improved their steel quality.
They compare excellently to other brands. Got 5 paring chisels in the middle of the Seventies and I'm still using them (frequently). Easy to sharpen, handle is very strong and barely shows marks of hammer blows. Purchased them in Holland and they seem to do fine without the metric system here!! What they go for now - I have no idea since I haven't been back in The Lowlands since 1996. Is there a website? Maybe via Google.
HNB

Apparently no website (anymore? not since they were taken over by Irwin). Best I could do is: http://www.deheul.com/artikelgegevens.asp?nummer '4 But see Archives PvR
3f68e397 snipped-for-privacy@news1.prserv.net...