non stick tool lube

What does everyone us for a non stick tool lube -- inside the TS -- not in contact with the wood.
A teflon based product? Dupont Teflon Multi-Use ?
Kevin wrote:

I like this stuff:
http://www.kpg-industrial.com/products/dry_graphite_lube /
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

I use a spray can of white lithium grease from Graingers.
scott

TopCote, the stuff to prevent rust, works for me as a dry lubricant. I have also used Triflon.

I like and use TopCote. It doesn't mess with nitro-cellulose lacquers either. A bit pricey though. Maybe I need another source.
Nova wrote:

KY Jelly.
"jo4hn" wrote;

ID glide
Lew
Kevin wrote:

I use White Lightning, as I already had it for my bicycle chain.

Here's a low tech solution that works, is low cost and lasts a long time.
1. Small tube of graphite from auto store that is used to lube car locks.
2. Johnsons paste wax or Butchers floor wax.
3. Small jar like a baby food jar.
Fill the jar about 3/4 full with paste wax. Mix in the small tube of graphite and a couple drops of mineral spirits to thin the wax out just enough so you can get a good mix of the graphite. Don't worry if you get to thin of a mixture, the mineral spirits will evaporate off after awhile. Once everything is a nice thick wax loaded with graphite, use a small brush to spread on all the gears. Dust won't stick to the wax and the wax will hold the graphite in suspension. A small jar of this mixture will last a long time so if it dries out - simply add a couple drops of the mineral spirits and you're good to go.
Bob S.
For our industrial woodworking equipment we use Johnson's Paste Wax (Yellow can) brushed on straight from the can on lead screws, mill, router and lathe ways, saw trunnion screws, table tops and surface plates. Wax dries and does not hold dust like oils will. Only thng, try not to get it on something you will be sealing- sealer won't dry over the wax.

bar and chain oil
On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 12:45:20 -0800, beecrofter wrote:

Motorcycle chain lube also works.