non-stick jig

I tried the wax paper suggested. Works OK, but some stuff still sticks to it. Thought I would try Saran. Works good, nothing stuck. OK, not really... I thought I would bookmatck a couple of small panels. First set went well, undid wedging clamps after glue set up and set panel aside to cure. Applied glue to next set and wedged in place. Came back after a couple of hours and pulled panel out. D'OH!!! The Saran had bunched up and gotten squeezed in the joint! The other two solutions that look like they will work well are 1) using a new, *smooth* nylon cutting board to lay up the bookmatch panels, and 2) using a discarded-but-not-yet-trashed heavy poly shipping bag the cat had been playing with. It looks/feels like very heavy visqueen. Nothing, not even epoxy or gorilla glue seems to stick (so far!).

Reply to
Dan Major

Have you tried the blue masking tape yet?

Mac

03 Tahoe Widelite 26GT Travel Trailer replaced 1958 Hilite tent trailer 99 Dodge Ram QQ 2wd - 5.9L, auto, 3:55 gears
Reply to
mac davis

mac davis wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No, but I've tried other low-tack tapes. One interesting thing I found was that if I wrap a joint with clear plastic shipping tape, the glue that squeezed out of the joint does not stick to the adhesive of the tape. OK, that may be obvious to some...

Reply to
Dan Major

Clear box packing tape.

--