"non-shop" stuff that's useful in the shop

Page 2 of 2

http://www.woodworking2.org/AccidentSurvey/search.htm
Select "biscuit machine" in the Type of Tool dropdown, then click Search. Ten accidents reported, *seven* of which involved hand-holding the workpiece in some fashion.
--
Regards,
Charlie M. 1958 wrote:

Let me add a couple of things:
1. I'm actually thankful for the accident... It was bad enough (i.e., I still have my fingers) to wake me from being too casual about what I'm doing in the shop. I now have my mind more in the "is this the safest way to do this" set.
2. There's a reason the plate joiner has two handles... use both hands. When that thing graps, it takes off as bad as an out of control router.
Chris
PS... I still enjoy my beer; but only after shop time.

Chris, when we're finished making all that noise, in the shop, we stand back and admire that thing we just created. Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
Sonny
Sonny wrote:

Yup!
Washes all that dust down nicely.
B A R R Y wrote:

I must admit I love my beer as much as the next guy. Scotch even more. Brandy is the king of beers...*G*. BUT!
Only when I'm done with tools. My wonderful wife is just a few credits away from setting up her own practise as a Nurse Practitioner and I refuse to be her first patient. She's almost 20 years younger than I, and there is NO way she'll ever be able to rub that in because of some stupid mistake.
file:/famous last words/
Tue, Jan 23, 2007, 12:08pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@topworks.ca (Robatoy) doth sayeth: I must admit I love my beer <snip>
Indeed, nothing quite like the satisfaction of a cold beer on a warm day. That said, all I drink nowadays, if at all, is some of the non-alcoholic beer - rated at less than 0.5% alcohol by content. One is all I drink, because even at that low level I can feel the alcohol, and two would put me on the couch for the rest of the day. Ah well, mayge again in the next life. Think reincarnation.
JOAT Bugrit. Millennium hand AND shrimp.
Please tell me he didn't say he loves his beer as much as he loves the next guy!!!
Sorry, just had to. Lou
Lou wrote:

I get it....LOL... I best re-phrase that, huh?