Non-permanent glue?

I am nearly done with my chairs, but have run into one more (last?) problem. The seat will not come out with both arms on; if I ever want to re-upholster the seats...

was planning on attaching the arms to the back with a pair of pocket screws, from the bottom with plugs. The front was going to be with 1/2" dowels. I can do that on one side, but the other side has to be removable.

Is there some glue that is really heat sensitive, so I could use a heat gun to disassemble the plugs and dowels? Well, you see the problem, any suggestions?

Yeah, I know the bottom back rail should have been 3" higher, but it isn't.

Reply to
Toller

I think this is what hide glue is for.

Mike

Reply to
upand_at_them

Hide will come apart with heat? I will give it a try, thanks.

Reply to
Toller

Fri, Dec 1, 2006, 8:09pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@Yahoo.com (Toller) doth puzzedly exclaim: Hide will come apart with heat?

Not exactly. Moisture, or steam, with heat.

Do you not research "anything" on your own?

JOAT I am, therefore I think.

Reply to
J T

Perhaps he misspelt his name, omitting the 'r'.

Reply to
fredfighter

I must be trolling because I haven't used hide glue? I don't even know who you responded to because I have blocked his posts for being consistently useless. I wish he would return the favor.

Reply to
Toller

No, but you may be trolling rather than using Google to search the rec.woodworking archive using search terms like 'glue', 'reversible' , 'non-permanent' and so on.

Reply to
fredfighter

There aren't too many posts you couldn't say that about. Gee, what router should I buy? Why does my bandsaw drift? How big a DC do I need? Anyone try the Sawstop? If questions had to be original there would only be a couple each week.

Reply to
Toller

"Toller" wrote in news:px4ch.6608$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

Fukem both if they aren't going to help; just another couple of loudmouths that take up space. I don't know how your chairs are designed, but why do they need to be disassembled for reuphosltery? I have reupholstered many, many chairs and have never had to disassemble any except for repair or restoration of the chairs structure. Where are you in NY? Hank in the Catskills

Reply to
Henry St.Pierre

Fri, Dec 1, 2006, 10:24pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@Yahoo.com (Toller) doth burble: I must be trolling because I haven't used hide glue? I don't even know who you responded to because I have blocked his posts for being consistently useless. I wish he would return the favor.

LMAO You don't know who he responded to, because of your blockage. So how do you know you blocked his posts? You're silly. You'll get better responses when you show you're at least willing to "try" helping yourself by looking up some answers on your own; instead of just asking about every thing that pops up in your mind, and expect someone else to do all your research. Is that the way you operate at your work? Oops, you didn't say who you blocked. It could even be me. If that's so you may never see this. LOL

JOAT I am, therefore I think.

Reply to
J T

Because if I see a reply to a post that I don't see, then I must have blocked the person the reply is too. duh.

Reply to
Toller