Noise from dust collector

How does the noise from something like a Delta AP300 portable dust collector compare with a shop vacuum. I have a RIGID shop vacuum and even with ear protection it is still loud. (muffler not available for this model)
Ron
--
Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the
great number who are not good. Hence a prince who wants to keep his

collector
I can't speak for that particular DC, but in general, they are much more tolerable than the shop vac. Different motor type, different blower type. I could leave my DC running and not be bothered at all. Ed
I have the AP300 and an old craftsman shop vac. The AP300 is very quiet, just a low hum, you can have a conversation standing next to it. I use it under my router table and CMS also have a floor sweep connected very good suction. I only have 6 or 7 feet of 4" hose and a few transitions connected works well for me. I'm going to buy another one for the other side of the shop for the jointer and planer.The SV on the other hand is an oboxious screaming machine.. hate it.

collector
the
refrain
On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 07:34:42 -0600, "Rebel"

They are both loud. The farther away, the better. My surface planer is probably the loudest machine in the shop. A remote ON/OFF helps with noise and convenience too.