Nobex Champion Miter Saw

Wondering if anyone else has attempted to assemble the myriad parts of this product? Swedish-made, good reputation, but printed directions leave oh so much to be desired. Wondering in fact if some further directions for assembly may have been left out of the pkg? Purchased at Woodcraft, so I know they'll help me get assembly straightened out - of they'll accept as a return for refund. Any comments or suggestions welcome. Dave

Reply to
albrektson

you are so right....directions are very unclear and very hard to understand...I kept looking at the picture and looked over the floor model in the store.....after getting through the assembly....the unit works greatand I am very pleased with the accuracy and the over all quality....call WoodCraft corp and see if they perhaps have a better instructional manual....... good luck Mike from American Sycamore

Reply to
aswr

"albrektson" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@conversent.net:

I've had mine for a couple of years now, love it a lot, for what it does. Still need to make a new handle for it -- that plastic one really sucks.

I don't recall having any issues, really, putting it together. Having said that, I also got the extension bed (not sure if that's what they call it or not); I've never put that together, as I haven't needed the extra length (yet). Rockler gave me the extension for free, so it was kinda hard to turn down.

If you are having problems, do talk to the folks at Woodcraft; the people I've dealt with there have been really helpful.

(I've a Rockler about 10 miles away, Woodcraft about 15, and Harbor Freight about 30. Now if Rob would just put a Lee Valley store in PDX, I'd be in hog heaven ...)

Regards, JT

Reply to
John Thomas