No sawdust today.

And probably not tomorrow either. In spite of adding insulation and having a propane heater, I'm not even going to attempt trying to get the shop warm enough to work. High today was about 8 degrees.
Got some inside work done though. Hung a shelf, bottled some wine, cleaned up a little. Things I guess that have to be done anyway. Just itching to finish up the present project though! I have them 16 mortises to cut so I can start on the 32 tenons with my new fixture.
Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
scribbled:

High today in Whitehorse is -6C (21F, Keith). He he! I guess that stuff I sent JOAT's way worked. Ceramic heater day, no propane needed. I don't even need my insulated coveralls. Making new computer desk/tables for my new office out of melamine with purpleheart trim. Gotta try that Freud "Ultimate Melamine Blade". I'm also making Marilyn a Doug Stowe designed jewellery box for Christmas (2003 ;-) ).
Fired up my Reznoir, it was -4 this morning...up to 65 in no-time.....shop hold about 50 usually (48 this morn.) without no-heat; its sandwitch between the house n garage. Working on re-storing an old Bedrock #603.....not bragging, i used to have a shop in a garage, heated with a salomandor heater....cracked the garage door open, so you weren,t gassed to death, n listen to the noise.....never had any snow on that garage roof; --no insulation n a 150,000 heater. Like this set-up better. later.......George...

Insulation is the key. I had the insulation blown (best inv. I have made) in when I built this house. Today is 15 in Va., too cold. I ran the propane heater in the garage for apx. 15 min. and worked for 3 hours in comfort.
dave