nit pick but they should be better than that

Watch Matt Kenney in this router table dust seq.

Take a look at when he spins the table around to show you the back of it, there you will see dry wall screws poking out the side of the plywood. 3 of them that I can see. Now I didn't need to see this, and I don't read the magazine anylonger. I have lost respect for many of the writers over time. There are still very good woodworking writing for them, but they do so only occassionaly.

I expect more from somone trying to show you how to do something. I've not been impressed with Matt

Reply to
woodchucker

Most of what is mentioned in many magazines should be taken with a grain of salt.

Basically, IMHO, the majority on YouTube and those in the magazines fall into the old saying,

Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach.

Reply to
Leon

Yep I agree, I happened to use that statement in front of a friend; referring to a professor (who worked on the side where I worked) and who didn't know what the hell he was doing coding wise. His code was horrendous and his knowledge was more theoretical than practical.

That friend was a teacher... I was unable to get my foot out of my mouth..

But it is

Reply to
woodchucker