Nice Quality Hope Chest Lid Supports Needed

Looking for nice quality lid supports for a hope chest. Any suggestions? Do not like the ones you normally see. Looking for high quality! Mike

Reply to
aswr

Woodworkers hardware. Lots to choose from. Search on Lid Stays at their site of the link doesn't work

SonomaProducts.com

a big thank-you...just what I needed!!! Mike

Reply to
aswr

This is the coolest (as well as the nicest quality and best looking - I can't stand the stamped brass-plated cheapo look) I've ever used:

There's a screw adjustment to fine tune the rate of close depending upon the weight of the lid. To close the box you get the lid just past vertical and walk away - the soft-down feature will slowly close the lid to a very safe and satisfyingly quiet, bass "dnk" sound. I used one on a walnut and birch child's toy box that is about 22"x30" and it's the cat's payamas I tell 'ya.

BTW, if your hope chest will have kids around it - think into the future too - don't put an self-latching closure on it. If it must have a latch install one that must be manually set. Kids like to crawl into empty boxes and a few have suffocated. All commercial chests and the like, I believe, must have safety latches now.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Thank-you Owen, I believe I like that unit the best and my local Rockler has them in stock.

thanks, Mike

Reply to
aswr