next generation of power tools

On milwaukee electric's website, they are advertising "the next revolution in power tools". However, there is no link for further reading. Anyone know what's up? From the animation, maybe hydrogen power cells?
Stephen R.
http://www.milwaukeetool.com/us/en/site.nsf/frmIndex?ReadForm
Looks like a clock counting down which when it gets to zero we get to see what the next generation is....
Looks like 47 days 5 hours ... from now...
S R wrote:

revolution
Anyone
You know, for me I want to know what is up and coming. That might tempt me to wait, otherwise they loose the sale.

Found it,
http://www.ttigroup.com/fileLibrary/R050113b.pdf

A 28 volt power tool...... I'll pass.. Corded is certainly cheaper and lighter weight and will have more power than everything except maybe a drill.
But thanks for the information...

28 volt power tools?
I wonder if they are going into the sex toy biz?
Now there is a vast untapped market for a powerful battery that lasts and lasts!
DAMHIKT
I was hoping for a jigsaw to compete with the Bosch 1590.
Umm they already have one that does.

Everything I've read says the Bosch 1590 is King of the Hill. More amps, more electronic control, better dust management. Maybe I've been reading the wrong stuff?

You betcha...I am very happy with mine....'cept the switch is a bit big.. I do not own any Milwaukee I have ever been unhappy with...can't say the same for other mfg's... PC got me three times....
The good news is - the 18v stuff will drop in price!
Dave

Zactly!
Every year or two a tool company comes out with a higher voltage battery for their cordless tools than the other companies offer. looks like same old, same old. --dave

Dave Jackson responds:

Not quite. 28 volt lithium ion. Should be some major changes, but the battery cost is going up, I'll bet.
Charlie Self "One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected." George W. Bush
I can see it now: Year 2040. "our new line of 24000 volt tools..."

Adam Osborne put himself out of business by pre-announcing a computer several months before it was actually available for sale. He got people excited enough about the new model, sales of the existing model fell through the floor.
-Mike
--
http://www.mschaef.com

No, is says 47 day 1 hour.

Click on the "Cordless Tools Myth: More power means more weight" link. Looks like they're coming out with a 28V line of cordless tools.
My guess is they're utilizing the latest in battery technology.

Dunno if the state of the art runs to either fuel cells or microturbines at that voltage. The amps are there for light-drain applications like cell phone and laptop batteries but the cost-per-unit is still prohibitive.
Marc

My 14.4 Milwaukee is all I ever wanted/needed. I'm sure they'll be nice tools. I have a fair bit of Milwaukee..happy with all of them.
Rob