newsreader

Page 3 of 3
On 04 Feb 2005 02:03:19 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam (Sambo145) wrote:

Free Agent

Agent is the standard newsreader, but Free Agent has some significant drawbacks. Notably it doesn't have filters (or spell check, but that's less of an issue.)
When you download the program you get a fully functional version of Agent, but after 30 days it reverts to Free Agent.
OTOH if you like the way Agent/Free Agent does things, it's worth springing for the $30 or so for the full version.
--RC
On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 17:09:01 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@TAKEOUTmindspring.com wrote:

Not if you get a code which is very easy to find on the internet. Ya just need to know where to find one. :-)
Get Agent. There's a pay version and a free version.
Both are available at www.forteinc.com
On 04 Feb 2005 02:03:19 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam (Sambo145) wrote:

Hi! My name is Patrick and I use Outlook Express! <gasp!>
All I do is read and post. I like the fact that it does this very well. I like the message retrieval and the ability to displace pictures. I don't need and don't use any other features...
On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 15:45:23 GMT, "patrick conroy"

I'm sorry
Sambo145 wrote:

I guess the questions are 1) Are you dropping AOHell. 2)what browser are you going to be using if you are.
If you're dropping AOH the new ISP may well have NNTP acess. This allows you to use any reader and most browsers to access the NGs. If you aren't, you'll need to get a newsfeed. Many have been suggested as have a large number of readers.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work