Newbie visting Boston

I'm going to visit an old friend I haven't seen since she moved to northwest of Boston. I'll probably have a day available, maybe two.
Is there anything that's "gotta' see" around? Inspiring to a newbie woodworker?
At this point, the Museum of Science is on the list (okay, it's not woodworking... but I'm also curious :)).
Thanks for any info/pointers.
You could always visit Woodcraft Supply - their first retail store - a short drive north on I93. Rockler has a retail store in Cambridge on Massachusetts Ave.
The North Bennet St. school has an open house this month - check out their web site for details.

You could try and go to the Shaker Village http://www.hancockshakervillage.org
If you are in the city of Boston you have to go to the USS Constitution http://www.ussconstitution.navy.mil /
Both are great examples of old school craftsmanship.
Larry C