Newbie needing advice

x-no-archive:yes

I am getting into woodworking. I have an irregular shape in my bonus room that I would like to have some sort of storage. Mainly books but also a little area to mount my mobile ham radio and my small scanner. Contemplated bookshelf flush with the size of the opening as well as cabinets on the bottom. I am a newbie but am learning more each day.

You can see a rough picture in the first few pictures here:

stryped