New Year's Resolutions

Page 2 of 2
My number 1 resolution is to stop procrastinating. I'm going to start in a couple of weeks.
Tim Douglass wrote:

Good luck. I'm walking my ass off with SWMBO incapacitated, and I'm not eating much. I've gained 15 pounds.

Stress does strange things to a body.
Patriarch
On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 15:08:41 -0800, Tim Douglass

I had all the same problems 6 years ago while working a very high stress, 7x24 IT position. I took up cycling and some upper body free weights. Stick with you program, and you'll be amazed at how many ills will be cured drug free. My acid reflux quickly disappeared with exercise, after little results with drug therapy. It became apparent to me that many prescription drugs simply mask symptoms, exercise and weight loss cure the root problem.
I started using the bike for errands around town, so I got exercise even when I wasn't "exercising". <G> The same can be said for walking. 80 pounds later, I feel great!
Good luck, stay with it, and keep us up to date! Some of us exercise zealots can be worse than ex-smokers, so if you need encouragement, ,email me directly.
Barry
Find a new job. I've been unemployed for the entire 2004 year and I've been looking everyday to get an interview.
Tom Watson wrote:

To measure 6 times, and hopefully cut once...
The last was a DVD addon for my entertainment center. It had to be 46.5" outside height... I measured that sucker 3 times... It ended up being 46.5" INSIDE height... sigh.
Fri, Dec 31, 2004, 12:45pm snipped-for-privacy@erehwon.com (TomWatson) puts out a bunch of impossible to achieve resolutions: <major snipping>
To get some of the sacrifices you guys owe the Woodworking Gods. And, don't even think about telling me the sacrifice is in the e-mail, we've heard that one before.
Other than that, just to basically enjoy life, and appreciate what I've got.
JOAT People without "things" are just intelligent animals.
1. I am going to stop making resolutions. 2. I am going to stop using the word fuck in this newsgroup. 3. I am going to keep all 12 of my talented fingers. 4. As hard as it may be, I will strive to be more humble. 5. I resolve to not buy any more toys unless I really need or want it and I can afford it or not.
Well now. That's five in just a few minutes and I didn't have to resort to banning snowshoes in July. :-)
    damn, I'm good     jo4hn

You couldn't possibly know how much guilt this post lifted from my shoulders. Thank you, thank you, thank you.