New Yankee Wishshop

Page 4 of 4

Yeah, Norm seems to stain everything. I perfer a lot more natural finishes like oil which does darke the wood a little.
MBR

I remarked on this the first time around. Unless my TV's color is adjusted a whole lot differently than everyone else's that wood was butt ugly blue/black to start with. Staining, or painting, was actually an improvement, but it was still butt ugly.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

I agree!

wood.
So do I. As I posted earlier, I got the impression that Norm agreed also.

Looked that way to me too.

I often see things that seem hard to understand- just like Norm's rational for staining the table. The first time I saw a PT Cruiser I thought....."why would anyone want to drive around in that thing". I hear music that I cannot believe can be enjoyable to listen. People wear clothes that I would not be caught dead in - shoes too. If we all looked at a 12x12 sheet of blue paper we would (hopefully) all agree that its blue, but, are we all seeing exactly the same thing? Doubtful. Not understanding how Norm could stain the table is not understanding how different we all are. For sure, if we ran a focus group we would find that there would be two distinctive groups (maybe more) - those who prefer the table with stain and those would prefer it w/o.
Norm who?

looked
wife
Rich wrote:

As others have said - He can do what he wants.
For me - I would have either painted it or used the wood in the fireplace. I thought it was the ugliest wood I had ever seen!