New Yankee Cam pictures

Page 2 of 2
If you watch the credits at the end of the show there are quite a few names on the list. It take more behind-the-scenes people to put on a TV show than most casual viewers would suspect.
Lee
On 25 Jul 2003 05:46:36 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@iname.com (Bill) wrote:

Nice job, Bill. Enjoyed the timelapse a LOT more than pushing F5. :)
Off-topic question, since you obviously know more about the mpg thing than I:
Is there a (preferably freeware) mpg viewer that I can use that will allow me to scroll through Norm a frame at a time? I wanted to slow down at certain points but whatever program it is on Windoze that plays your file scrolls an hour at a click. Pretty useless...
Anyway, thanks for going to all the trouble, it was entertaining. (And yeah, who ARE all those people??? ;> )
Michael Baglio Chapel Hill
Well, I'm by no means an expert on MPEG. Basically all I did was write a windows service to download the snapshot every minute. I scheduled the service to start at 7AM and stop at 6PM. Sometimes they wouldn't start the camera until after eight, sometimes the camera would stop even when they were still in the workshop. As for getting a better mpeg player, I can't really help there. I used a tool to take all my JPEGs and cram them together into a MPEG video. It was ImagaMagick at http://www.imagemagick.org /. Maybe it or something else could take the MPEG and break it apart into a JPEG for each frame. Sorry I can't be of any more help. Anybody else?
I have to think the group of people have nothing to do with the show. As someone else stated, outside observers (contest winners, tourists, students, etc.)
I only did two episodes. I can try to do the rest of the shows on the schedule if you guys are interested. The next isn't scheduled until September.

On 26 Jul 2003 06:25:49 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@iname.com (Bill) wrote:

Thanks, Bill. Enjoyed the show, look forward to your next web upload. Best, Michael Baglio Chapel Hill