New Woodhaven site

As many of you who also received the same e-mail from Woodhaven this morning, I went to their new site:

It would not work for me. The home page loaded just fine, but nothing else worked. Like in none. If it matters, I am running a Macintosh and Netscape. Is it me or Woodhaven's problem?

Hoyt W.

Reply to
Hoyt Weathers

it's NOT Woodhaven's issue, Hoyt. :) (I didn't have any problems with Netscape, viewing various pages at Woodhaven).

dave

Hoyt Weathers wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

oops! I changed the text and left in the smiley. My first draft, I teased you about having a Mac.

dave

Bay Area Dave wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Hoyt W asked....

At noon EDT, the site was working fine using Windows and IE Mike (The other)Mike G.

Reply to
Mike

Thanks for the smiley Dave. I wonder if other Wreckers are running Macs. I have been running Macs since 1987 when I returned from Saudi Arabia. I would not have a PC on a bet !

Hoyt W.

Reply to
Hoyt Weathers

wassamatter, Hoyt, don't you want to line Billy's pockets? How can he divvy out all those grants if we don't line up to buy his crappy software?

dave

Hoyt Weathers wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

There are a few of us... ;-)

have a PC on a bet !

I just finished rearranging the basement office to get a Win XP box set up. First one I've owned since I started out with the VIC-20 many moons ago.

I'd rather not, but the school board here is all wintel and daughter heads to high school next year. It's still outnumbered by the three Macs, though.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

BTW, it loads here (Mac OS X 10.3.3, Safari browser).

What Mac OS, and what version of Netscrape are you running?

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Hoyt...

I'm curious... Where in Saudi Arabia were you and how long were you there? I lived in Dhahran and Abqaiq (Al Hasa Province) from '51 thru '61.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

have a PC on a bet !

you had a vic-20 running Win XP? impressive...

Reply to
bridger

You lost me there Dave. Were you looking at the same URL I was? BTW, who is Billy? Are you referring to W. Gates? Play nice now. Perhaps I am having problems since I am using DirecWay satellite Internet. I doubt that is the trouble however since I have never had this problem before. Hoyt W.

Reply to
Hoyt Weathers

Dave, I am running Mac OS 9.2.2 and Netscape 4.79 on a G4 dual 450 with 1 Gig of RAM.

HMW

Reply to
Hoyt Weathers

yes, I was referring to Gates. SOMEBODY has to buy his stuff so he can give away some money. IF you buy Apple, where's your hard earned money ultimately going? :)

I thought about the satellite but at about $70 a month it's too rich for my blood. plus the up front costs...

dave

dave

Hoyt Weathers wrote:

Are you

that is

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Hi Morris,

I was at Dhahran for 3 years as a Senior Research Engineer in the Research Institute associated with the University of Petroleum and Minerals. I went there when I retired from NASA in early 1984 and returned for good in July of 1987. We shared a common fence with Saudi Aramco. I bet you were with the former ARAMCO and not Saudi Aramco. I went through Abqaiq many times when driving to Hofuff. I really miss the camel souqs and gold souqs in Hofuff.

O.T. comment: I have always admired your postings here.

Hoyt W. Trinity, Alabama USA

Reply to
Hoyt Weathers

Porting to the TRaSh-80 was a bitch, though.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

There ya go.

;-)

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Interesting. There wasn't a university, or even high school, of any kind while I was there (I commuted to high school in northern Indiana in the fall; and returned in the spring).

As a kid, I enjoyed it all. ARAMCO (and the Saudis!) provided a good environment for families with kids and there was abundant opportunity to travel and learn about the rest of the world. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

I hope your memories are as good.

Thanks - don't be tempted to take any of 'em too seriously! (-:

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Works for Internet explorer, works only marginally for Mozilla -- to even get to marginal you have to allow pop-ups from that site (there are no annoying pop-ups, but apparently some elements on the page are pop- ups. However, the tabs (for your ... , etc) across the top of the page don't work with Mozilla no matter what.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 15:54:32 -0600, Dave Balderstone brought forth from the murky depths:

That's it, alright. Brand new 1927 technology! Hoyt, upgrade to Nutscrape 7.0. It's stable and works well. Mozilla was unstable so I reverted to NN7 and use it along with MSIE6.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - If God approved of nudity, we all would have been born naked. ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Your Wild & Woody Website Wonk

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Do you remember the exact quote on the big sign over the road entering the ARAMCO village at Dhahran. . .the one about a switch engine crossing the multi-track crossing there and the consequences of your proximity !

Reply to
SwampBug