"new" Veritas (r) low angle jack plane at Lee Valley

very interesting :) (gotta love these guys...)
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?SID=&ccurrency=1&pageI588
That's Frigging great!
I have to agree. You DO have to love those guys.

Rob had me going for a minute. I suspect that when it's finally released,he will have me going. :-)

Lowell Holmes wrote:

I've been having some real chatter problems, so I was gonna buy three of these, but I can't find the "add to cart" button.
Silvan wrote:

Tell me you're joking. Please. See if you can get some extra blade boxes for your razor blades. Oh, right, send me your extra boxes then. Dave in Fairfax.
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
dave in fairfax wrote:

You know darn well I'm joking. Unless Rob wants to sell these things for $16.66 each, I can't afford three of them, and unless they go for $50 each, I can't even afford one of them.

<snip>
Hi Silvan -
No problem - you're on file....
We'll go ahead and process your order for three!
Cheers -
Rob
Wow. That's service.
Michael

Robin Lee wrote:

That's a mighty good comeback, Rob. Of course since I'm on file you can see the five items in my basket that I can't afford yet, and they don't add up to that much. I'm afraid I'll have to play it safe and state for the record that I was kidding, just in case. :)
:)

You have to call them directly. I ordered two. They came yesterday, and they are, uh, everything Lee Valley says it is. Only took 5 hours to sharpen each one.
snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net (Daniel) wrote:

Finally, an iron the right thickness!!! No more wimpy 1/8" irons for me!