New use for my Wixey digital angle guage

Used it this morning to correct the angle of the Christmas tree. It's within a 0.4 degree of 90 to the floor (where I zeroed it). Good enough.
MJ
On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 12:21:01 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Your tree is that straight? No taper? ;-)
I used mine recently for measuring the rafter angle in my (un)FROG (getting ready to finish into my shop). I guess both applications involve wood, so within the marketing envelope. ;-)

Tree is artificial and I took the measurement from the middle where there is no taper that I can detect.
Oh, no angel. Please, we're a family of two - one atheist one agnostic. Secular Christmas stuff only. We like the bright lights and gifts.
MJ
On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 12:38:23 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Ah, so it really is just another stick of lumber. ;-)

I have no issue with your choices. <one agnostic one Christian who also like the pagan aspects of Christmas>
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Meh ... I'm calling foul until you get the dial indicator out and give us the tolerance to the top of the angel.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Angle to the center of mass would be more useful.

Did you follow god safety habits and unplug the tree before you checked the angle? Marc
marc rosen wrote:

Being agnostic and atheist, probably not.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Being atheistic, I trusted the rules of physics and I did.
Reminds me of the Woody Allen line, "an agnostic is someone who won't commit".
Funny!
MJ