New Use for a Drill Motor

Page 2 of 2
http://www.ardice.com/Arts/Television/Programs/Reality-Based/Relationship_and_Dating/5th_Wheel,_The
On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 03:07:22 -0500, Silvan wrote:

I've seen several trailers dropped that way. On two occasions the legs went up through the bottom of the trailer. That one had to be unloaded by hand - about 60,000 pounds of can goods.
The other was a tanker. When the legs sheared off the punctured the bottom of the tank -- fortunately we didn't have to unload the 7,000 gal. of #2 fuel by hand. :-(
No, I wasn't the driver of either one.
Bob
Bob Carpenter wrote:

Ugh. It cost us $14,000 to clean up a spill from where one of our trucks lost a fuel tank strap. I shudder to think how much the cleanup from that spill was. They probably had to dig up half whatever state that was in and truck it off to be decontaminated.
On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 14:36:01 -0500, Silvan wrote:

It happened about 45 years ago. The reaction was, O-MY-GOD, we lost 7,000 gal. fuel!!! Oh well at least it'll keep the dust down (the spill was in a sand pit). Nobody thought about the environment back then.
Now about 10-12 years ago one of my drivers ran over a broken spring on I93 just north of Boston. He spilled about 15gal. of fuel and it cost us $6,000 to dig up and dispose of 6 barrels of road-side dirt. They dug it up, trucked it to upstate N.Y., and buried it. ??
BTW if you ever get up to N.E. let me know. Dinner is on me.
Bob
BTW New F***ing York is NOT N.E.!!!
<snipe>

You got THAT S**T right!!!!!!!
--
Nahmie
On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 03:07:22 -0500, Silvan

the closest I ever came to that was getting off a forklift a little too soon.. it hadn't stopped enough to set the brake and it kept going at about walking speed... right off the end of the dock..lol

Yeah, that is funny. Anyone with experience would know that the proper way to apply the BBQ sauce is with a HVLP spray system. Then, if the drill speed is adjusted properly, as each piece of chicken cooks to the proper point, it will become tender enough that it will be thrown or "ejected" from the rotisserie. Wings first, then legs, etc. When only the chicken carcass is left on the spit, bring out the lathe tools and start shaving off that breast meat.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland