New unisaw...broken trunnion

Glad yours arrived intact!
I was the original poster...and Woodworker's Supply had my replacement saw promply delivered on friday. They could have had it delivered sooner, but I was unavailable to accept delivery on wen or thur. So this is a big thumbs up and thanks to the folks at WoodWorkers Supply...I called about the broken trunnion on monday, and I could have taken its replacement on wen. Fast service! They will certainly be getting some of my business in the future. No problems with the machine this time..there were many "do not drop" stickers and 2 different types of tilt indicators on the box...both showed a pleasant journey.
cb

I think we can say this in general, about woodworking anyway. Most woodworkers tend to be nice folks (the exceptions certainly stick out more than in life in general); and I think most of the vendors we deal with are really good.
The large mail order houses have given good service, the more botique places, be they Lee Valley (not so small), Lie NIelsen, Highland, all have been started by people doing what they seem to enjoy doing. And they deal with people (us) who like using the stuff they make.
I'm glad your Unisaw is now up and running (and I've had good experiences from the Woodworker's Supply folks too). Enjoy the Unisaw. I've had mine for 10 years--although now I have to sell it. I've just ordered an upgrade-A Felder
That's quite an upgrade.... this was sort of a stealth gloat was it not ???
DarylRos wrote:

Not really a gloat, more a fishing expedition to see if someone near Long Island wants to buy a Unisaw.
Just our of curiosity - was there a large solid plastic foam block holding the motor firmly in place when you went to assemble the saw? Was the motor resting solidly on this block? BillyB
PS I am sure that Delta will take care of you - I got a 5HP Platinum Ed. saw and there were some holes that had not been tapped so I could not install the fence - the local Delta rep came and tapped them for me.

Biesmeyer 3 weeks ago. The flathead screws that hold the front rail on were so burred up I could not get a nut on them. I have called Biesmeyer twice and each time they have been very nice and said they would send me replacements right away. Well, its been three weeks and the only thing that's gettin screwed so far is me.

You were luckier than I was. My DJ-15 came totally out of whack, and Delta certainly did not offer to come out; their service dealer refused to make the drive from the Bronx to Long Island (all of 15 miles). When you call Delta for help, they decide when they will call you back, so you had better stand by your machine for a few hours.
Not, Delta went down in my book after that. I understand when things go wrong or break; a consistent pattern though of screw the customer meant they would never get my business again. Just FIX the mistakes.