new topic, off topic, about new topics

Does anyone here use Google Groups? I'm one of those who up to now used AOL for this, and I'm used to seeing the most current messages listed first. With Google, the screen opens to a topic, instead of a list of the latest posts. The topics can be very old, and the only option I can find is to go to a newer or older topic, one by one. Is there any way to tweak this arrangement so that all topics can be seen at once?

Reply to
edswoods1