New tools

The misses wanted some bookcases made up so with the "new project new tool" rule in mind I carefully explained how this project could be well done with plywood and dado joints & a rabbet or two. My wife (a keeper) says sounds good lets get the material and whatever tool you need to do it:)... My table saw (Rockwell/Delta 9") rips a nice 2 x 4 but its not up for a dado blade, underpowered & too much vibration. Since I have no room for a new table saw I went for a router,got a bosch 2.25 hp w/ speed control and 2 bases and some basic bits. We went home and cut some dados and she starts sneezing from the dust and suggests I do something about it. I have up till now used a broom and dust pan for my DC efforts, putting off the real thing until I build a shop, but now I have the OK so after some online searching I'm thinking I'll get a Jet w/canister 2hp. Well I go into my local hardware for a router bit and find a ShopFox 1.5 hp DC sitting there ...It leaves with me($179 later) I get it home plug it in and it works great. To make it work better I got a filter canister from Wynn environmental and got rid of the 30 micron bags. The filter kit works great took about 10 min to install and the company was great to deal with. The bookcases are coming together nicely and the shop is cleaner then ever.

Anyway I thought this was a skill full application of new project new tool and worth repeating.

Enjoy

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew V