New to Woodworking Advice on First Tools

Page 2 of 2
I'd probably go with either a table saw or bandsaw if doing the "one-tool- first" route -- depends on what you want to do w/ it. If furniture/etc w/ mainly "straight lines", table saw; otherwise bandsaw, since you can (to a limited extent) do most of of the same things you'd do on a table saw, plus cut curves/resaw/etc. It's just not always as fast/powerful/simple. Then for 2nd or 3rd tool, I'd probably do a router... but that's just my .01 worth (pay it only half mind).