New To The Group

Page 2 of 2
Roy Welsandt wrote:

Not really. I've been drifting in and out of here for years, though I don't spend enough time in a "drifted in" state to be considered a "regular."
The main thing you need to grok wreck wood is an understanding of some of the lingo. There's probably a FAQ somewhere, or you can just hang out until you figure out what everybody's talking about.
So just relax and have fun, and for pity's sake, stay away from any threads that have some permutation of "sawstop" in the subject. :)

Welcome. Most people have already posted good advice. Although I would argue that you can sell things in this group as long as it's your old 6" jointer you're selling because you moved up to a dj-20. It's the people running a business and flogging their wares on a daily basis (except for steve knight) that annoy people.
Please read the FAQ and visit groups.google.com before...
asking which tablesaw you should buy asking which jointer you should buy asking whether you need a jointer or a planer more asking why everyone hates poly asking if a woodworker 2 is worth the money buying a drill press mortising attachment buying any router with a 1/4" collet and most importantly, buying anything from sears.
brian
wait wait wait! Sears sells good stuff, too! How about..."don't buy any tool from sears that has their name on it"? Of course, to buy good stuff from sears, you need to wear a wig & sunglasses so nobody sees you!

Never believe anything Ernie says. -- Ernie
There are a few females that participate in kicking up sawdust around here too. Welcome. Have fun. Perry bentcajungirl

Jim Mc Namara wrote:

You know, the sad thing is I can't even say I've gotten *that* close to getting laid lately.
Thu, Jul 17, 2003, 6:38pm snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net (Silvan) asks: That actually work for you? Do people usually send you pretty ones?
Works for me. But most people don't sent along any sacrifice at all. Then just cannot understand why they had kickback, their saw motor burned up, tools got rusty, etc.
JOAT Let's just take it for granted you don't know what the Hell you're talking about.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 16 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/JOATorJackOfAll/page4.html