New Titebond datecode

Titebond has apparently changed their datecode coding as it no longer follows the YMxxxx format. I just bought a quart of TBII and the code is A911190052. Googling didn't help and the TB website has nothing on the code itself but is full of marketing weasel words on the shelf life. Does anyone know how to decode the new cipher? Art

Call the toll-free number on the bottle and ask them. I'm betting they tell you that bottle was manufactured in January 2009. I'll speculate further that it's batch 1119 made in plant 0052.

I got this response back from Franklin. Art
------------------------ The first digit of the lot number is a number. It is the last digit of the year of manufacture. The second digit is a letter. It indicates the month. We use the letters A through M, excluding the letter I. The third digit is a number. It represents the manufacturing division the product was made for. The next four numbers represent the internal lot or batch number. That is followed by a decimal point and two numbers which represent the day of manufacture. Example: 6L12455.23 This material was manufactured on November 23rd of 2006.
OR
The first digit of the lot number is a number. It is the last digit of the year of manufacture. The second digit is a letter. It indicates the month. We use the letters A through M, excluding the letter I. The remaining number and/or letter combinations are an internal lot number. Example: 9L12455 This material was manufacturer in November of 1999.
OR
The first digit represents A for America (made in), the second digit is the last digit of the year of manufacture, the third and fourth digits represent the month, the fifth and sixth digits represent the day of the month and the last four digits represent the lot number. Example: A904270023 This material was manufactured on April 27, 2009

So your bottle, coded A911190052, was made in America on November 19, 2009, and it's lot number 0052.
Thanks for posting the info.