New table

I just finished a little oak and tile table for our lanai. It is nothing special, main reason I posted is the oddball way I attached the feet to the center column. It worked out well, all is rock solid, thought it might be useful to someone someday.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadioh/lanai_table.jpg
The 3/4 ply top is attached to similar brackets via bolts into brass inserts.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadioh/lanai_table_btm.jpg
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:51:52 -0500, dadiOH wrote:

Don't think it looks oddball at all. I like the looks of how you attached the legs. Good job. Looks great.
Paul
On 2/26/2013 10:51 AM, dadiOH wrote:

I like that! Nothing oddball about it.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

+1
--
Best regards
Han
On 2/26/13 10:51 AM, dadiOH wrote:

I like wrap around base legs like that.... always have. Great work.
--

-MIKE-

I like it! Enough design to make it interesting, and it looks perfectly functional.
Back in the mid 70s I built a round dining room table for my sister using the wrap around legs over a square 8"X8" center. I did the same thing, legs and supports were the same size, all cut from 2"X6". (Hey... it was the age of massive waterbed furniture!)
Although not elegant like a cabriolet or french taper leg, I had so much area to attach the top and bottom to the center it never worked loose. And it was her only large table for years. About 5 years ago she sold it and it was still as sturdy as when I made it. That is an incredibly sturdy design.
Although I must say, that orange/brown stain covered with varnish that we used in those days was sure butt ugly to look at compared to today's finishes.
Robert
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:51:52 AM UTC-6, dadiOH wrote:

Looks great to me. Nothing odd, at all.
Sonny
On 2/26/2013 10:51 AM, dadiOH wrote:

Looks GREAT! But what a decision making problem you must have had. Square the table tiles to the floor tiles or the feet to the floor tiles. I would still be spinning the table around.
On 2/26/2013 8:51 AM, dadiOH wrote:

Very nice...
How did you do the tiles ???
Adhesive or mortar mix
Did you grout it ?
Pat Barber wrote:

Adhesive

Yes. Sanded, fortified, black.
--

dadiOH
"dadiOH" wrote in message
I just finished a little oak and tile table for our lanai. It is nothing special, main reason I posted is the oddball way I attached the feet to the center column. It worked out well, all is rock solid, thought it might be useful to someone someday.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadioh/lanai_table.jpg
The 3/4 ply top is attached to similar brackets via bolts into brass inserts.
http://www.floridaloghouse.net/dadioh/lanai_table_btm.jpg
--

dadiOH

Very good idea. must remember that. Looks simple and very strong. WW