New table

I just finished a little oak and tile table for our lanai. It is nothing special, main reason I posted is the oddball way I attached the feet to the center column. It worked out well, all is rock solid, thought it might be useful to someone someday.

The 3/4 ply top is attached to similar brackets via bolts into brass inserts.

dadiOH

Don't think it looks oddball at all. I like the looks of how you attached the legs. Good job. Looks great.

Paul

Reply to
PHT

I like that! Nothing oddball about it.

Reply to
Swingman

I like wrap around base legs like that.... always have. Great work.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I like it! Enough design to make it interesting, and it looks perfectly functional.

Back in the mid 70s I built a round dining room table for my sister using the wrap around legs over a square 8"X8" center. I did the same thing, legs and supports were the same size, all cut from 2"X6". (Hey... it was the age of massive waterbed furniture!)

Although not elegant like a cabriolet or french taper leg, I had so much area to attach the top and bottom to the center it never worked loose. And it was her only large table for years. About 5 years ago she sold it and it was still as sturdy as when I made it. That is an incredibly sturdy design.

Although I must say, that orange/brown stain covered with varnish that we used in those days was sure butt ugly to look at compared to today's finishes.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Looks great to me. Nothing odd, at all.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Looks GREAT! But what a decision making problem you must have had. Square the table tiles to the floor tiles or the feet to the floor tiles. I would still be spinning the table around.

Reply to
Leon

Very nice...

How did you do the tiles ???

Adhesive or mortar mix

Did you grout it ?

Reply to
Pat Barber

Swingman wrote in news:24OdnXlsH9dBZbHMnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

+1
Reply to
Han

I just finished a little oak and tile table for our lanai. It is nothing special, main reason I posted is the oddball way I attached the feet to the center column. It worked out well, all is rock solid, thought it might be useful to someone someday.

The 3/4 ply top is attached to similar brackets via bolts into brass inserts.

WW

Adhesive

Yes. Sanded, fortified, black.

Reply to