New Stuff for Woodworking

I receive the latest Rockler catalog and noticed that they now offer a CNC for just over $2k. Apparently it will use a Bosch Colt sized router.
Additionally Amana has a Larry Bird/Byrd endorsed set of router bits designed to cut interlocking pieces for a tambour. No glue, cloth, or paper backing required to hold all the pieces together.

There is also a 20% off coupon for all Forrest blades which makes the WWII $84.79. Art

Not a bad price, I used my 20% off coupon on the DadoKing set a few years ago and that really saved some money.

I'm sorry, it is in the Rockler "Stock up for the shop Sale" circular.
No part or item number but it is $2299.99 CNC Shark Routing System
This looks like the machine http://www.nextwaveautomation.com/CNCShark.aspx

I did see a part # but it is no good at the Rockler Site. #35150

Don't all these things kind of defeat the purpose of woodWORKING?
I find myself regressing, and buying things like 100 year-old planes on eBay, rather than this stuff.

If you like carving and using hand tools, yes.
If you like to woodworking and building but not taking an eternity to finish a project, no.

To each his own, it would be boring if we all liked the same thing.
Buck Turgidson wrote:

Not in this type of forum. The Wreck has people who could identify a jig-saw (barely), if their life depended on it and people who crave the type of machinery listed in the link. Most of us fall between those extremes. We're all woodWORKERS, regardless of being Neanderthals or Normites.
Some are like me, who do cut off extra digits just as a hobby, and other guys here are doing it for a living. The Wreck appeals to all of us
> I find myself regressing, and buying things like 100 year-old planes on > eBay, rather than this stuff.
Same here. I have no personal interest in CNC or high automation, but I still think it's cool to look at.
-- Tanus
This is not really a sig.
http://www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop /

Yes and no. I doubt I could ever justify this machine, but I do have a tablesaw and other power tools. I enjoy woodworking but I don't enjoy making 100 balusters or 64 drawer inserts, etc. I'd use automation for that, but then again, I'd probably not take on a project like that as a hobbyist. There is some please in the work, there is some pleasure in finishing the final product. We're all different that way.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

I didn't like him when he played for the Celtics. If he's gone into woodworking since he left basketball I'll have to re-think that.
--
Dave in Houston

CRAP! Lonnie Bird
www.amanatool.com/tambour

I am ROFLMAO! Sorry, Leon, that was ripe for the pickin'.
Dave in Houston

LOL, Gettem when you can. I try not to let those pass either.

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Leon wrote:

I knew who ya meant, 'soon as I saw Amana mentioned.
--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

Well, he did know how to run a route..