New Stuff for Woodworking

I receive the latest Rockler catalog and noticed that they now offer a CNC for just over $2k. Apparently it will use a Bosch Colt sized router.

Additionally Amana has a Larry Bird/Byrd endorsed set of router bits designed to cut interlocking pieces for a tambour. No glue, cloth, or paper backing required to hold all the pieces together.

Reply to
Leon

There is also a 20% off coupon for all Forrest blades which makes the WWII $84.79. Art

Reply to
Artemus

Not a bad price, I used my 20% off coupon on the DadoKing set a few years ago and that really saved some money.

Reply to
Leon

Do you have a link to that CNC can't find on there web page

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

I didn't like him when he played for the Celtics. If he's gone into woodworking since he left basketball I'll have to re-think that.

Reply to
Dave in Houston

I'm sorry, it is in the Rockler "Stock up for the shop Sale" circular.

No part or item number but it is $2299.99 CNC Shark Routing System

This looks like the machine

Leon

CRAP! Lonnie Bird

Leon

#35150

Reply to
Leon

I am ROFLMAO! Sorry, Leon, that was ripe for the pickin'.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

Well, he did know how to run a route..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Damn, Leon.. took all the fun out of it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

I knew who ya meant, 'soon as I saw Amana mentioned.

Reply to
Tanus

Don't all these things kind of defeat the purpose of woodWORKING?

I find myself regressing, and buying things like 100 year-old planes on eBay, rather than this stuff.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

If you like carving and using hand tools, yes.

If you like to woodworking and building but not taking an eternity to finish a project, no.

To each his own, it would be boring if we all liked the same thing.

Reply to
Leon

Not in this type of forum. The Wreck has people who could identify a jig-saw (barely), if their life depended on it and people who crave the type of machinery listed in the link. Most of us fall between those extremes. We're all woodWORKERS, regardless of being Neanderthals or Normites.

Some are like me, who do cut off extra digits just as a hobby, and other guys here are doing it for a living. The Wreck appeals to all of us

Same here. I have no personal interest in CNC or high automation, but I still think it's cool to look at.

-- Tanus

This is not really a sig.

Tanus

Yes and no. I doubt I could ever justify this machine, but I do have a tablesaw and other power tools. I enjoy woodworking but I don't enjoy making 100 balusters or 64 drawer inserts, etc. I'd use automation for that, but then again, I'd probably not take on a project like that as a hobbyist. There is some please in the work, there is some pleasure in finishing the final product. We're all different that way.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

LOL, Gettem when you can. I try not to let those pass either.

Reply to
Leon

I think that's Lonnie not Larry.

charlie b