new shop storage

I scored a Steelcase 5+ ft. lateral file cabinet today. A neighbor up the road was tossing it out so I picked it up. When I saw it I almost passed on it. Then the more I thought about it the more sense it started to make. I can now store my tools neatly and easily in the drawers. I don't have to have them on shelves where cords can get tangled and wind up dragging something off the shelf onto the floor.

I am not sure why I didn't think of the lateral file cabinet before but I think I am going to get another one for the shop and one for the garage.

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler

I've got 7 file cabinets in my basement for storage. Check out the thrift stores. You can usually get a tall, 5 drawer one for about $10-20. Of course, I did dumpster dive for one as well.

When you consider how much time and money it takes to even build simple shelves to hold your tools, this is a no brainer solution, IMO. I even have some smaller, 2 drawer file cabinents that I put under the right extension table of my table saw.

Reply to
bf