New Shop Spec Suggestions

Page 3 of 3

_firstname_@lr_dot_los-gatos_dot_ca.us wrote:

So it will do what? Gurgle in the lines???? So the condensate will revaporize when hit with warmer newly compressed air??
main lines run downhill from the compressor, put a drip cap and bleeder valve at each tap, this may require a T or Cross as each tap should be ran up and elbows as needed to get the QC pointed the desired direction. Put a blow off valve at the end of each leg.
http://www.tptools.com/statictext/airline-piping-diagram.pdf
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
Actually sloping towards the compressor works well. Just add a low point with a drain valve near the compressor. Use a flex line of a few feet to connect to the rigid pipe. At the bottom of the vertical run, place a drain. Then the horizontals slope a bit towards the compressor. That's how I did a 2,500 square foot auto shop and it worked so well I never had visible moisture get to the tools.
Mark wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

That may work in Arizona, I wouldn't try it in Ohio.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
Electric outlets everywhere. Go for an embarrassingly large number of them. ... or at least have them run the wire and loop it into boxes for adding receptacles in the future. Place 'em high off the floor, at least 42 inches - some people say go for 52 inches to allow room for 4 foot sheet stock storage against the wall.
Bob
Bob Davis wrote:

Yes, yes, yes. I have five outlets in my little 10x12 shop. I figured that would be plenty. Boy was I wrong. I could use four times that many.
Pity I didn't leave enough wire between them to cut in some new ones.